Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea the Ol Shovel is a Hemi design Didnt wrok then and still dont. Unless you work the butt out of it. Or redsign it like Mopar did. Anyway Love the Shovel.

It is 88 inches, JE pistons, S&S 4.5 inch stroke, Jims lifters, Jesel pushrods, Crane cam and rockers non roller. Ported and flowed heads AMF header, open 3 inch primary and kick only. Dyna S curve and Super "E". have a Tjet carb in the wings.

I have done everything to this bike. I mean that i completely rebuilt it. The only thing that I didnt do was true the flywheels. It was my Dads now it is mine. I also own a V-Rod night Rod Special 2007.

The Shovel makes about 85HP starts in less than 3 kicks most of the time one.

Nas3car

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks and it dose hold its own. It needs a refresh but I an very happy with what it has done. Now that I have the V-Rod, I am going o do some updating. I am going to first upgrade the brakes. Those AMF front pucks suck. I do have a GMA on the rear and thar helps. I want to upgrade the front end to a 06 Sportster. From some reasearch the "R" model has all the good stuff and dual disc. I want to keep that look.

Even with all those horses it feels like 45 after ridding the DX.
Nas3car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts