Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All that I can say is this latest addition to Sporty is PERFECT!!!

Corbin Hollywood Solo. About $345 delivered to my door.

Nicely built and it has a key/latch mechanism so no more #2 Phillips screwdriver to remove the seat.

I am a very very VERY happy Iron 883 owner right now.

If only I could find a pair of Progressive 13" 412 Rear Shocks (slightly used), my phase 1 part of the Sporty Project will be complete! My daughter graduates college Saturday and lets just say all fun money is long gone for a few months!

Attachments

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
great looking seat!

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
That's a great looking seat! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help squeekie!!!!

I have been looking at all of various outlets for new shocks.
I can get out for about $250ish. But I hoping to find a pair that someone bought new and does not want and are willing to part with them for 1/2 of that!

I know, I know, splitting hairs at this point!

·
Registered
53 Posts
[QUOTE
If only I could find a pair of Progressive 13" 412 Rear Shocks (slightly used), my phase 1 part of the Sporty Project will be complete!
You oughta consider a set of Road King airshocks, to get max effect for the buck. Mine cost me $90.00 total, including an $8.00 mounting kit from O' Reilley's auto parts. Big difference, and max adjustability. You can pick them up w/low miles cheaply, as people pull them to trade for slammed shocks.......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good looking seat. I have a Corbin on order. What material did you select?
I got the Carbon Fiber (look) leather seating area and the Asphalt vinyl siding. The stitching is called Tuck and Roll I believe. Dark gray for the Corbin Logo Threading. I wish it was as dark as my HD lettering on my tank!

I am up to 4 Corbin's to my name and may be adding a 5th soon. Some people hate Corbin but my experiences thus far have been outstanding. As a matter of fact, my very first problem just cropped up on my BMW R1200GSA seat. I emailed pictures and called them. Janice took care of everything and dispatched Fedex to come to my house to pick up the seat to take it back to Hollister to correct it. It just so happened to fit perfectly into the same box they sent my Sporty's seat in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You oughta consider a set of Road King airshocks, to get max effect for the buck. Mine cost me $90.00 total, including an $8.00 mounting kit from O' Reilley's auto parts. Big difference, and max adjustability. You can pick them up w/low miles cheaply, as people pull them to trade for slammed shocks.......
A Road Kind owner buddy of mine recommended the same!

However........I pulled the trigger on the Progressive 412's from Amazon for $219 delivered!!! What can I say!!!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I got the Carbon Fiber (look) leather seating area and the Asphalt vinyl siding. The stitching is called Tuck and Roll I believe. Dark gray for the Corbin Logo Threading. I wish it was as dark as my HD lettering on my tank!

I am up to 4 Corbin's to my name and may be adding a 5th soon. Some people hate Corbin but my experiences thus far have been outstanding. As a matter of fact, my very first problem just cropped up on my BMW R1200GSA seat. I emailed pictures and called them. Janice took care of everything and dispatched Fedex to come to my house to pick up the seat to take it back to Hollister to correct it. It just so happened to fit perfectly into the same box they sent my Sporty's seat in.
Great. Looks real cool.
I'll post pics when mine comes in. Its a Classic Solo and will be bomber Jacket brown. The back pillion and back rest will be coming a bit later.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had a Mustang seat on mine, but I would have burned it if I had known those were available. It looks great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts