Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am back with another question regarding a potential bike i will be buying. My question is, are the rims on this bike stock? i feel like i see these rims only on the early 90's bikes but this guy says its a 2002 bike? For the miles, and how new the bike is the price is looking pretty good. bike looks well kept but i wanted to get your guys opinion again. the link for craigslist is listed below.

2002 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200

As always,

Thank you!

-Jason

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
I can't access craigslist from work but I'm pretty sure I know what rims you are talking about. Yes, they have been using the same type rims on sportys for a long time. Spokes, spokes in front with solid in rear, and those heavy looking solid 13 "spoke" or "Mag" wheels.

-Rohan

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
They are stock wheels. Looks nice. Have you ridden it yet?

I think it's a little high, but I would offer $4200-$4500.

After all it is 12 year old now, even with the low mileage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys! I am going to check out the bike with a friend tonight. I will let you know how it goes. You guys have helped me ALOT... i really appreciate it. i just dont want to get ripped off ya know? the guy is saying he can do a flat black for me if i want because he works on bikes and has the materials. I just have never liked red. check out the link for this bike, he posted this on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqziYZlTCuM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
I noticed that video was uploaded last November. A lot could have happened since then. Take a close look at it.

-Rohan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, i am PROUD to say that i am now a owner of a harley davidson!!! Everything checked out, vin number, title, year, parts, everything. Now all i have to do is learn how to ride!!! My friend went with me and rode it back home for me and literally is now jealous. He said the bike is amazing, rides like new. And it is a beautiful bike, i thought i was going to hate the red but when i saw it in person i loved it. I will be posting pictures soon.

Now, i have another question to ask. Like an impacient moron i sometimes can be, i decided to back the bike out of the parking spot it was in and just sit on it. Well, while backing up, i laid the bike over. Literally first night i have it and i laid it over. Laid it on the left side of the bike where the kickstand is. However, it went down really really slowly. Bike was not turned on, and i tried like hell to keep it up so it basically got placed down, with very little momentum. Checked the bike and saw no scratches or wear on it. I am going to wait until tommorow before hopping on again. Is there anything i should check for? i read something about an air filter getting damaged. I turned on the bike and it seemed to be running fine.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Air filter is on the right side.....prolly did'nt hurt anything. Don't feel bad, i dropped mine the first day i had it to, dropped it off the trailer when i was unloading it.

·
Registered
36,947 Posts
And it is a beautiful bike, i thought i was going to hate the red but when i saw it in person i loved it.
Good. I think it would have been a shame to cover up a perfectly good factory paint job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, dropping it that first time is actually a good thing! Now you never have to worry about *when* it's going to happen. We've all been there before. It's like the first scratch on your new car.

Enjoy your new bike, and post some pix.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, i almost killed myself the first day on the bike but besides that its been smooth sailing! Not a great picture, but you get the idea. You guys are awesome and thanks for all your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey JP, wish i was up to that level yet! however, i am still a beginner rider lol. I dont even have my license yet just riding in neighborhoods learning. thanks for the offer tho!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts