Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought home her 2006 Fire red pearl FXD!!:ride Will post some pics when i get some taken.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,187 Posts
I bought my LowRider, and had it upgraded to 95" at the 1000 mile service, I was in HOG HEAVEN,
after 25 years w/o a Harley, but I just couldn't stop looking at the V-Rod.
I was certain Willie G and the HD designers weren't nuts, I had such faith that I never even rode the V-Rod, I just knew I wanted the matched pair at my disposal.
I kept trying to convince my wife that the V-Rod was so balanced and feels so light,
that it was a good bike for her, and we could alternate,
until she finally said "JUST GET ONE!!"

(IS SHE A KEEPER, OR WHAT???!!!!??)

It'd be interesting to see how they equip your wife's bike right off the showroom floor.
My reference is my 2005 model, but I'll bet some dealer add-ons are the same.

- See if they made the "Stage I" mod, wrap your hand around the back of the air cleaner, if there is a backplate, it is stock, if there is no backplate, they have added the "Stage I" free breathing kit, which on the charts gives a right surprising performance gain for no more than it seems.

- See if the slip-fit mufflers say Screaming Eagle, HD central says no-no, but maybe the dealers had some old stock.

As you/she gets used to it, you might decide the 95" "Big Bore II" kit is worth while, sure makes it a nicer ride. The parts were so cheap when I got mine, it seemed like a subsidy. I think it was $650 parts for cylinders and pistons and all the acessory parts. A hint, they had to sell a million of those kits, every buyer, like me, has a set of perfectly good stock pistons and cylinders left over, it would be VERY cheap to get somebody to bore the old cylinders out, that's all HD is doing. If you can scrounge a pair of the stock sleeves and have them bored cheap, all you'd have to buy is the pistons, and the labor.

Incidentally, the new 96" engine uses that same cylinder and piston set, so anybody who mods the 96" up to the bigger bore kit will have the same left over parts as did 88" owners going up to 95" so there will be even more sets of those parts floating around, somebody is going to throw some away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nichole's new bike!!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,187 Posts
Most Excellent! I recognize that smile she has, I have one like it myself.

And I think you're a right fine feller, for letting her have the better bike.
If she's smart she'll decline any offer to trade off once in awhile.

·
Old, Tired, Ugly
128 Posts
Congrats!

Wife has been on a 'big kids bike' since 04. Before her Nightrain she rode a custom Sportie. Best riding partner I have ever had!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Congrats!

Wife has been on a 'big kids bike' since 04. Before her Nightrain she rode a custom Sportie. Best riding partner I have ever had!
That is such a sweet thing to say about your wife!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought my wife a Heritage Softail when I got the V-rod about to get her a new Street Glide, she rides her bike almost every day to work across Houston. Of course she also works at a Houston HD stealer. :)

donald

·
Old, Tired, Ugly
128 Posts
That is such a sweet thing to say about your wife!!!

God only knows why she has put up with me for the last 35 years. This is her on our trip to and around the Grand Canyon last year. Son Steve is standing with me, the white helmet behind her is his girlfriend, and the 'wing trikes' in the background are a couple friends of ours.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
God only knows why she has put up with me for the last 35 years. This is her on our trip to and around the Grand Canyon last year. Son Steve is standing with me, the white helmet behind her is his girlfriend, and the 'wing trikes' in the background are a couple friends of ours.
That is some serious packing going on on the back of her bike!!!!!! That sounds like a fun trip!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good job! So you got it at Chucks? Hope he treated you OK. So, how about a ride this spring? Already put up the bike and it's 72 degrees today!!! Ouch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got it at real reasonable price of $9600.:D somebody goofed because they gave the guy that traded it in $10,000 towards a night rod. :eek: Yeah a ride in the spring would be cool. maybe think about the Midwest thunder rally.

·
Registered
472 Posts
There's something about a woman who rides her own bike; and that something is that her husband can now scope out chicks alot easier without her on the back!!:rofl: J/K Congrats! Have fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts