Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new bike in mid-december, been lurking for a month or so, and getting ready to start tinkering!

Did some work minor mechanical work on my '12 FXDC, but the FLHXS is bigger and badder. Can't wait to dig in! Only done grips and hid the antenna so far (damn near put my eye out in the garage, it had to go!)

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome from Western NY!!

(I almost did the same thing with my antenna..haha)

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire :thumbsup

·
luv the low country
19,980 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I bought that hidden antenna kit from the stealership for $80 or whatever. Got home and started digging around to figure out the best way to pull the fairing, and found an article about running the existing whip up through the frame, under the seat.

I'll look to see if there is already a thread about it, and if not, I'll post some pics of it.

It worked great, took less than 15 minutes and I put the $80 toward custom dynamics LEDs for front and rear. Great investment in my visibility, so much brighter!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Good choice going with the Custom Dynamics LEDs for front and rear. I put them on my bike and love them, big difference over stock.

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
I hid my antenna but I didn't get reception when the bike was running, so I took the junk off! I just use the AUX input all the time.

Welcome from O- hi- a!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome from Il. I am waiting for weather to break to take mine in for 1000 mile check. Then I will do my own work. Got my 2014 WG in Oct.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts