Harley Davidson Forums banner

J&P Cycles, Really Bummed

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  67Duce 
#1 ·
Really bummed out that J&P is pulling up stakes and leaving my neck of the woods. I've known for a while but I'm posting now that its official , Corp America , nothing means anything but the all mighty dollar.

J&P Cycles leaving Anamosa | TheGazette

#10 ·
You would have to live around here to get what J&P leaving means , it's a common rally point for many riders in this area , riders from all over the country make it one of there stops when there in the vicinity ,many make it there destination for a day ride , it's not just a store ,it's a landmark , built and grown here. It's going to leave a big hole in this area.

#12 ·
J&P Cycles, Really Bummed

Hopefully people in Iowa will write the state reps to find out why the tax structure is set up to chase businesses out of the state. And why the transportation infrastructure is not able to compete.

I bother Colorado reps constantly. We have some really stupid tax rules. All my manufacturing has to be done in Wyoming because of the way Colorado taxes business personal property.

Colorado trade guys call any time we open a facility to see why it was not here since we are a Colorado company? I show them how the idiotic ideas of past tax and spenders costs big bucks. They alway offer to forgo it for 10 years. I tell them call me when they fix the problem.

Looking at a facility in Texas now for manufacturing. Absolutely a state with a focus on employers and the understand primary employers import cash to the economy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.