Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I picked one up in December and use it every time I ride to spin the bike around in my garage. It gets a lot of use!

I also left the bike on it raised up for a few weeks while the salt was too thick here to ride. It released and lowered normally.

So far it's been perfect and I couldn't be happier. It's a well made jack.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Coot, yeah I'll probably still order one I guess its just one of those things where you think you've thought of everything and some little hiccup comes along. I sure will test it before the RG goes up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've had mine for 2 years and NO ISSUES. I did take the extra precaution of buying a second bottle jack ($35) and keep it in reserve just in case.

I wish I would have seen the survey about a USA made bottle jack at a higher price. I would have suggested they offer a better USA MADE bottle Jack as an option. Call it a "premium" model or whatever but offer it. I suppose I could have sourced out a USA made bottle jack myself but then I would need to drill its base in order to bolt it on.....I'd rather just buy one from J&S.

$450 for a piece of equipment to raise and move a $28,000 vehicle is IMHO a small price to pay.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Just my opinion, but for the price, they should come with a better bottle jack. Then they could truthfully say their lift is the best made. It tends to put a bad taste in your mouth when you pay $500.00 for a premium lift and it malfunctions on the first use. It's such a common problem that customer service is well aware of it and are quick with fixes. To their credit they immediately sent me a new jack, no questions asked.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Another J&S bottle jack bites the dust! :frown I think I'm gonna try the hyd. over air set up like Arby. I'm over J&S's jacks even though they would probably send me another one.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
So far I have gone through three bottle jacks on my j&s lift. Yesterday my air/hyd. jack came in from Northern Tool co. . Today I plan on mounting it. Hope I get better service with this jack. For the price of the lift it shouldn't have this kind of problems. ........ Got the jack bolted on and so far it has worked flawlessly. Sure beats the manual hand/foot pump. Wish me luck.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So far I have gone through three bottle jacks on my j&s lift. Yesterday my air/hyd. jack came in from Northern Tool co. . Today I plan on mounting it. Hope I get better service with this jack. For the price of the lift it shouldn't have this kind of problems. ........ Got the jack bolted on and so far it has worked flawlessly. Sure beats the manual hand/foot pump. Wish me luck.
I don't want to jynx myself, but, so far the air/hyd. system has worked flawlessly. It is now truly a great lift. If any body is not satisfied with their factory bottle jack, the Northern Tool air/hyd. is the way to go. ... In my opinion. ... Also I'd like to thank Arby for his heads up on this.

·
Killer of Souls
10,862 Posts
Which jack did you by from northern?
Link if you could.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
Which jack did you by from northern?
Link if you could.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes this.
Just purchased a third hydraulic jack for my J&S. It is 20+ years old IE: first generation lift, but it failed on the ground with no pressure on it. I worry about it going with a bike in the air. I know it would be on the stops, but then I still would have to get it down.

·
Friend of Al Swiners
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misinlink View Post
Thank you...
FREE SHIPPING — Strongway Air/Hydraulic Bottle Jack — 5-Ton Capacity, 8 1/4in.–17in. Lift Range | Bottle Jacks| Northern Tool + Equipment

Nice alternative for the hyd/air bottle jack. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I replaced my old Northern lift's bottle jack with another one from Northern and that works well, but now it just sits around unused. I prefer to use a Northern 3.5-ton transmission jack as my "second" jack in assisting with tire changes and such.

My hyd/air Jacks lift has been working for me for 2yr. thus far. The only issue I have is that now it seems to slowly leak down (unless I leave the comp. air attached. I may have to check hydraulic levels, after I eventually get done with my current project of replacing my old EVO-80 with a new S&S V111. But for now, the leak is minor and the locks keep everything copacetic...

41 - 53 of 53 Posts