Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first H-D bike. Can someone tell me where the jacking points are on a 2020 road glide special? I have had Indian bikes and they jack from the engine case. Not sure about these HD’s.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,064 Posts
Frame rails here.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
This is my first H-D bike. Can someone tell me where the jacking points are on a 2020 road glide special? I have had Indian bikes and they jack from the engine case. Not sure about these HD’s.
Like with an automotive jack? Not my engine case............ :dunno:nah

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No with a motorcycle lift not an auto jack. On the Indian TS111 bikes you use an adapter that sits on the arms of the lift to avoid hitting brake lines and clutch cable. You lift the whole bike up by lifting under the engine case. The bike cannot be lifted in its entirety by jacking against the frame.

·
Wayward Son
23,066 Posts
You will still want to be aware of all the things you mentioned.
But the whole bike will go up lifting at the frame rails.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Frame rails and I use a small scissor lift under one of the wheels to stop wobble, but my lift may be inferior to yours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All I was saying is the Indians are different in that you cannot lift against frame rails to raise the whole bike at one time. I have to use an adapter or blocks etc against the engine case.

I finally looked at the underside of this RGS I bought and see where I can lift it by jacking against rails. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You don't see many pits any more.
The original homeowner used to build dragsters. When the wife and I were looking to buy this place, my wife got all excited when she saw the sunken tub............. shit, I blew a load in me shorts when I saw this, lol!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts