Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the New Year, I had gotten news that 2 of my old riding bud's around the country have been diagnosed with cancer. Another in Texas was confirmed with MS. Today, another close friend, also an Ultra rider who has not been seen recently was announced as having been 2 weeks in the hospital taking Chemo. Today, we were told he has latter stage lung cancer that has metted to C5 on his spine.
Not sure what or why, but people are dropping like flies lately. January has contained a ton of serious SUCK for me lately with all of this. Today's news really hit hard. The good news if there is any is that all of the guys are in high spirits and determined to "kick this things Ass".

·
Registered
161 Posts
My entire 2014 was like that. Was glad to see it fade into the history books.

Wish the very best outcome for your fighting friends, and you.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Sorry KD, hopefully it turns around for in 2015!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don, these are some tough dudes. Ron out in Cali has been riding his Ultra everyday to Chemo until yesterday when it started to, as he put it, make his intestines a bit sloppy. It just pains me to have this many of my close friends all come down with this sort of malady all at once. They're going to beat this stuff, I just know it. They are some tough, hard as nails guys.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Sorry to hear this bad news. I hope they all pull through.

·
luv the low country
20,328 Posts
Sad news, sorry to hear this, Daryl. All you can do is stay positive for them and send them some good mojo. Prayers sent.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Daryl I'm so sorry. We will be praying for your boys and their speedy recovery!

·
Flat Land *******
2,765 Posts
Man, that's tough. So sorry for you and your friends. Hopefully everything will work out for the best. Thoughts and prayers go out for you and your friends.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
That's tough news to take, Darryl. They will need you to stay in touch and keep your spirits up so you can encourage them in their fight. Stay strong, brother!

--

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
So sorry to hear this KD. My thoughts go out to you and your friends.

·
Administrator
13,275 Posts
Prayers for you and your friends. My wife and I both lost our little brothers last year.

·
2,327 Posts
Stay strong KD..Prayers sent.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,145 Posts
Stay up and stay strong... Prayers up to you and yours buddy,.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Many thanks to all of you. Sometimes it's comforting just to have friends who you know genuinely care when everything seems to come crashing down around you.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Prayers up for all your friends, KD. And for you, too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts