Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Knowing folks who work in the dealership here and the folks who own the independent, they don't get out as much as I do. I think the service manager would have the same problem. Still, cool job if you can get it.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I would rather ride in cold than in Ft. Lauderdale. Congested and flat. Virtually zero roads that run East/West because of the Everglades and it's a strip mall for hundreds of miles in either direction.

I just realized what I call cold, is not what much of the country has been suffering through for months. Ft. Lauderdale might be better.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I wonder if they can hold that position open for about 10 years?
I will retire by then and have been thinking of spending winters in Florida and keeping my cabin here in Wyoming for the summers.

If I get the job as the manager I will give all members of this forum 50% off of all parts, labor and dealer cost on new bikes.:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Mountain Rider
1,352 Posts
I would rather ride in cold than in Ft. Lauderdale. Congested and flat. Virtually zero roads that run East/West because of the Everglades and it's a strip mall for hundreds of miles in either direction.

I just realized what I call cold, is not what much of the country has been suffering through for months. Ft. Lauderdale might be better.
I agree with you, no fun for me riding flat roads that are congested. I think for me the mountains of Georgia would be about right. Never gets that cold there... at least not for that long. Kinda the best of both worlds right there.

:biker:

·
Banned
1,357 Posts
In Ft Lauderdale they encroach on the green lights by three seconds and extend the yellows by five. No thanks. It was scary enough just driving a car there.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
i could easliy qualify for this but do not want to leave Va just yet.

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
A lot of words there but no mention of wage compensation.
I'm not familiar with employment in Florida but up in this part of the country it's pretty common for dealership service managers to get replaced every 3-5 years.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
A lot of words there but no mention of wage compensation.
I'm not familiar with employment in Florida but up in this part of the country it's pretty common for dealership service managers to get replaced every 3-5 years.
I figure that with all the discounts I would give my self and other forum members they would need to close their doors after 3-5 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts