Harley Davidson Forums banner

2581 - 2600 of 2643 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Why has the fuel price gone up for flying ? I would have thought with little world wide flights going on surely it would be cheaper .... typical robbing bastards making profits from crisis

good morning motorsickle medicines. forcast is somewhat improved so i will hold off on the arc for now. i have to go get a couple of drums of gas for plane before price goes up more. i have stc for auto fuel. i'm a week late price already going up. while at airport after unloading drums will do a little flying. flying out for lunch on saturday. i have to mow and weed eat too. that should get me through to and early quit. day trip tomorrow if low probability of precip. y'all have a great holiday weekend! hasta

·
Registered
38,119 Posts
Why has the fuel price gone up for flying ? I would have thought with little world wide flights going on surely it would be cheaper .... typical robbing bastards making profits from crisis
He means prices are rebounding from their low.

·
Noel
8,122 Posts
Had a good day, this is our 26th wedding anniversary, stayed home an extra hour to help Marie with morning chores here at the house, helped my brother from 10am to 4pm, then got home for a take home anniversary dinner, no restaurants are available for eat in yet, we'll celebrate that way when our local restaurants finally reopen their dining rooms.

Today we took down the staging placing all the parts in a neat pile for the delivery truck to pick up, turns out they won't be buy for about 6 days (we could have used it longer, but no need at this point.

I started shingling the south wall where the garage main doors are located, that is going up quick, should have that done Friday evening.

Saturday, we're preparing the ground level floor area for more stone and footings for the 4 lally columns, then the concrete contractor can set up for the pour sometime next week.

Schedule the garage door guy to take measurements, order the doors and set a date to get them installed.

FInish the roof and dormer wall shingles (Jon & the boys have the honours of climbing the roof, I've barred that from my agenda.

Electrician will installed conduit from house to garage, sub panel and wire the garage, then we are ready for framing & rough wire inspection.

·
old scoot coot
3,343 Posts
on planes with engines that were built for 80 octane fuel. you can use auto fuel, 87, octane. if you get an stc from the faa that applies to your particular plane, it's even legal. 100 octane av gas is between 4 and 5 dollars a gallon. i could buy that at my local airport. but i use auto fuel i get in town. i buy it only from a friend who is a bulk agent and he won't buy fuel from the refinery if it has any alcohol in it. it was 1.65 this morning but a couple of weeks ago it was 1.30/gal. it was cheaper lately because of covid and nationally there was zip consumption. crude oil here in feb, mar. was selling for a negative amount per barrel. anyway country is opening up now consumption is up and the price is going up. price for av gas at my airport and all of them stayed the same even when crude oil tanked. so my referance was for car fuel. i keep four drums filled in my hanger, when the first two are empty if switch pumps to the two that are full and then refill the empty's so always have 100 to 200 gallons on hand in my hanger. i fill left wing tank with one drum and right with another. they all four are on dolleys and roll around easily. i unload filled drums from my pickup with a chain hoist and lower them on to dollys. i took some pics of all this morning, came home mowed then through my jeans in washer and started a load of clothes when i got em out my phone was still in the pocket. my friends get a kick out of this because it happens about once a year. my wife has grounded me from smart phones. we can get androids for 45 bucks. so all my phone photos are gone again and i have to hand load 120 some names and numbers. as god as my witness i will install a google acct on this one so i can back up my phone book and hopefully photos. my wife says i have washed six phones in less than five years.i am not going to carry a phone in a holster on my belt so i guess i'll just keep tossing the clean ones in the trash. 😁

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Well had a busy productive Day.
Took the headboard out to the garage and added some finished wood strips to the sides and the top of it.
The took the meter saw to it and finished sanding the sides.
Then it was groaning little too warm in the garage so went in an replace plug in out lets.
These thing must be original equipment from 1978.
Now it’s got me hooked on doing the rest of the house plus a few light switches.
Never a dull moment around here I swear.
Carmen and I took a little ride after Sunset last night for about an hour while it was Nice an Cool.
Really enjoyed hear my pipes again .
Have a good night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Mr Tom
Yep gotta admit you gave me a bloody good laugh regarding your phones, I have a problem with keys I lose so many keys I need a personal key cutting machine .
Morrison 's is a chain of large food stores here in UK 85 octiane right now their price for a litre is 99.7
but conversion to UK Gallon = 4.54609 so A Uk gallon is almost £5 translate to over $ 6 per gallon .
This is the cheapest the most expensive fuel supplier is BP they are £1.14 per litre .
so having 2 cars and the Harley yep its a expensive hobby ;) not as expensive as owing a plane I have to admit .
Must be nice to just head off to some destination (y)when the feeling arises

on planes with engines that were built for 80 octane fuel. you can use auto fuel, 87, octane. if you get an stc from the faa that applies to your particular plane, it's even legal. 100 octane av gas is between 4 and 5 dollars a gallon. i could buy that at my local airport. but i use auto fuel i get in town. i buy it only from a friend who is a bulk agent and he won't buy fuel from the refinery if it has any alcohol in it. it was 1.65 this morning but a couple of weeks ago it was 1.30/gal. it was cheaper lately because of covid and nationally there was zip consumption. crude oil here in feb, mar. was selling for a negative amount per barrel. anyway country is opening up now consumption is up and the price is going up. price for av gas at my airport and all of them stayed the same even when crude oil tanked. so my referance was for car fuel. i keep four drums filled in my hanger, when the first two are empty if switch pumps to the two that are full and then refill the empty's so always have 100 to 200 gallons on hand in my hanger. i fill left wing tank with one drum and right with another. they all four are on dolleys and roll around easily. i unload filled drums from my pickup with a chain hoist and lower them on to dollys. i took some pics of all this morning, came home mowed then through my jeans in washer and started a load of clothes when i got em out my phone was still in the pocket. my friends get a kick out of this because it happens about once a year. my wife has grounded me from smart phones. we can get androids for 45 bucks. so all my phone photos are gone again and i have to hand load 120 some names and numbers. as god as my witness i will install a google acct on this one so i can back up my phone book and hopefully photos. my wife says i have washed six phones in less than five years.i am not going to carry a phone in a holster on my belt so i guess i'll just keep tossing the clean ones in the trash. 😁

·
old scoot coot
3,343 Posts
good morning et, jeff and all ye motorsickle mountaineers. raining here again today. decent day tomorrow then rain again till wednesday. i cannot believe this weather. no spring this year just winter direct to summer which is overdue allready. thats the bad news, the good is dearing drive is back to dine in so the round table is back on after a couple of months of shut down. thankfully i got my chores done yesterday. i'm taking wife to tulsa tomorrow morning early and back for the only good play day this weekend. then will have about three weeks of baching it. if the weather cooperates i wil be a real miscreant, playing big and working small. i hope y'all have a better holiday weekend weather wise. have fun and be happy!

·
old scoot coot
3,343 Posts
Mr Tom
Yep gotta admit you gave me a bloody good laugh regarding your phones, I have a problem with keys I lose so many keys I need a personal key cutting machine .
Morrison 's is a chain of large food stores here in UK 85 octiane right now their price for a litre is 99.7
but conversion to UK Gallon = 4.54609 so A Uk gallon is almost £5 translate to over $ 6 per gallon .
This is the cheapest the most expensive fuel supplier is BP they are £1.14 per litre .
so having 2 cars and the Harley yep its a expensive hobby ;) not as expensive as owing a plane I have to admit .
Must be nice to just head off to some destination (y)when the feeling arises
damn et at six bucks a gallon i'd have to give up on flying. it's pretty cheap over here. 😬

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Ok done done done for today!
Got up went for a walk and got back for coffee.
Then went out to the garage to clean up all the saw dust.
Moved the truck an bike out then took the hose to wash it down.
Took my squeegee to remove all the water.
Then mopped it and turned the fan on. Now it’s looking good again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2581 - 2600 of 2643 Posts