Harley Davidson Forums banner

2661 - 2680 of 3006 Posts

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Hey
Jeff an Noel.
Sunny and Hot here.
Going to go get a bite to eat then come home and load up the truck.
Leaving around 5:00 AM to beat the heat driving thru Palm Springs.
Should be at our daughters place right around noontime.
No hurry after we get out of heat .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
(y) Noel I think you heading for a career move the project really is coming on nicely ,so it looks like your next project will be at your sisters property;)

Good evening Y'all (LOL)

Progress on the garage project, today was crushed stone fill 15 yards.

View attachment 785113

Spread by tractor and 36" gravel rake then tamped down, rebar grid is on approx 24" centers then raised 1 1/2" off the base.
View attachment 785114

Placed the floor drains with simple dry well tubes in the base of the troughs.
View attachment 785115

He still need to cut out the asphalt where the garage floor will transition to an outdoor apron, then more rebar spanning the garage floors inner and outer area.

Concrete guy was supposed to drop in to survey the project and set the pour date, but as of 5:30 had not arrived when I headed for home. Next work day here is Monday for me.

Sunday visiting sister who has several house hold issues she needs help with, I think I opened a can of worms doing this work .......

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Good Morning all
just touching 7am here on Sunday sunny no cloud and hot already , yesterday I spent most of the day in and out of bed getting some sleep that I obviously needed , my wife couldn't believe it but I did set the BBQ up at 4,30 afternoon .
Mixture of steak , chicken , & sausages with a side mixed salad and two beers to wash it down .
I went back to sleep at 8pm slept till 6.30am this morning .
Today I said to wife that we will take a ride out somewhere I don't care where but we got to get out .
I will take my cell phone hopefully get a picture or two along the way

·
Noel
8,273 Posts
(y) Noel I think you heading for a career move the project really is coming on nicely ,so it looks like your next project will be at your sisters property;)
Her problems are minor, "Brand New" riding lawn mower won't start, not sure why she does not have the company she bought it from check it out ...... and look at the plumbing on their above ground pools filter & pump system, says she has a leak somewhere. Should be simple enough.

·
Noel
8,273 Posts
Troy Bilt mini riding mower had a fussy choke, had to pull the air box cover and air filter to manually choke at the intake, that caused enough vacuum to draw up some fuel, got it started and idled for 10 minutes then took it for a spin testing maneuverability and grass cutting operation. Let it cool down for 20 minutes then test fired it again, seems to be working OK at this point.

She had already got a 'Pool Guy' to cme over and solve her pool problems, glad to be done with all that so I could get my own yard work done today.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Good morning from Sunny California.
Long day on Sunday for us.
Got up around 4 am and left the house at 6:00 am. Got to our daughters place by Around 12:45.
Took our time there was no rush since they are working from home.
Sat by the pool and had lunch while catching up on family stuff and the New puppy . Cute little rads rascal .
Got to bed around midnight.
Slept like a rock lol.
Alcohol was involved .
Ya all have a great Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Noel
8,273 Posts
Cut out 24" of asphalt to create apron just outside the garage doors, laid out more rebar, still need to block it up off the gravel.

Concrete guy never showed Saturday nor today, my brother is now on the hunt for someone else interested in doing the job, no time to waste waiting on no-show appraisals.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Good Morning fellow bikers
woken up to another dry sunny day a degree or two cooler so far than yesterday & predictions of mid week cooler temps and possible rain which is now badly needed .
Last winter we had our wettest winter on record ( go figger ) lots of homes and lives ruined then due to floods & now we have no water .
I just had my coffee and two pancakes for breakfast , it was more busy at the garden centre yesterday because our government went into another phase of freedom from lockdown , F knows what stage we are at because most people have ignored most of it , but this phase means you can now meet up with 6 people still keeping social distance 2m outdoors or in your own garden .... so with mainly only food stores open people flock to garden centres.
on 14th June most shops will be allowed to open but putting in place the social distance and PPE in place .
They are hoping that pubs will be open sometime in July but I have reservations about that , our pubs mostly are small with no way of keeping the so called social distance rule 2m they are saying they will change that to enable pubs to open to 1m rule ..... I think I can see where this will end up yes more deaths and more people with the Chinese Virus , so it will go backwards ,,, fingers crossed that doesn't happen .
Any how enough of all that think we all have over load about it .
Have a great day folks and stayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy safe (y)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Good Morning folks and welcome to Wednesday 3rd June 2020 ,woke up to gray sky cooler temperatures & they say rain is on its way .
Our ground sure needs some & especially our the farmers but why cant it just rain at night then be nice during the day.
There will be no riding to work today so the car is the star most likely be for the rest of the week , finally I had an email from Nottingham Harley Davidson to say they have now reopened but only when you pre book a time slot , you can turn up and wait outside but you may or may not get in ...
I don't need anything or any work doing on the trike so will give it a miss for now but at least its good to hear it's open .
Our place was crazy again yesterday with many people arriving in groups of up to 6 people which is now allowed .
I am past the point of caring now I just turn up at work do what I gotta do then head off home , abet Worn out tired and ready to head to bed ahahahah but home I go .
On that note folks I shall bid you a good and pleasant day ..
I just had to do it hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p

2661 - 2680 of 3006 Posts