Harley Davidson Forums banner

3321 - 3340 of 3478 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Good Morning America and the rest of the world
Friday is here at last and its going to be hot hot hot today for us here in UK 90 plus degrees but its only going to last for today , tomorrow will be back to normal .... bloody chilly and rain .
Yesterday it was 80 plus and whilst having to work in it ,it was uncomfortable had I have been just laying out in it well that's different .
I was busy all morning but as the afternoon and heat rose the centre got less and less people I mean who wants to walk around what is a glass house temps inside the centre were over 110 no aircon only roof windows open .also having to wear face masks .
I had to tell a few people who were entering the centre that masks have to be worn as per Government order some acted like an arse ole but I gave it back to them saying I have to wear this thing for 8 hours so you can wear it for an hour whilst in our centre .
Today I am heading to work on the trike maybe the only day I get a ride out if the weather does what they are saying over this weekend .
Looking forward to getting home later this evening just to be able to sit out in the garden with a beer and chill out until the sun goes down .
Righty oh you folks take care and stay safe have a great Friday

·
old scoot coot
3,600 Posts
Morning All . Et ,Jeff, Bob ,tommy, Noel ,Oldhand, Rick,. Well it TGIF man This week flew bye. I've got to Go up town today and Get some stuff for the weekend and Start the Search for a new weed Wacker.
Those Jalapeno Poppers were good! I had some leftovers for breakfast this morning! :D
might be a little warm for me but i'd sure try em.

·
old scoot coot
3,600 Posts
good friday morning mike, john, jeff and all ye biker brothers. starting with a light rain this morning. i think will clear for a couple of hours. mickey's out today. i'll do a solo if i get a break in the rain. don't know where yet. i'll turn east or west at the end of the drive and go from there. have a great day fellas and lisa. i'll check back in this evening.

·
Noel
8,505 Posts
Cool 70 and drizzle this morning, should clear out by 10 am if not sooner.

Second week of CPE done as of yesterday at 3 pm, the more I listen to the topics the more I remember why I retired, LOL, I'll continue the courses since I already paid for them.

Still looking forward to more testing on the Destroyer this afternoon, and some riding on the SGS before a next week when much rain is expected from the tropical storms hitting PR & FL arrive here.

Hope you all have a great Friday.

BTW, a contingent of bikers were involved in an accident yesterday on I-495 nearby, one rider from Oklahoma experienced serious injury, the 70 year old rider is in RI hospital, hoping he recovers quickly and the rest of the riders are on their way safely.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Good morning
John, Noel , Jeff, Oldhand, bbally , Tommy, Lisa,ET, Kainam.
Well the house inspection went well only a few minor things.
Today is graduation day for our grandson .
Man I remember chasing him around the house and him screaming .
Very fond memories of him growing up.
We can’t go to the ceremony
Because of the virus but it’s a live streaming so we’ll watch it on the I pad.
Then a party afterwards .
Then he’ll take off with his friends to other parties around here.
Looks like we just might pass thru Sturgis for a evening .
I haven’t been there in a few yrs.
Made plans to catch up with some old friends from Detroit area. .
Got to make sure I don’t over do it so I can drive the next morning early.
I don’t want to get involved with their business but it will be cool to hang out with them again..
So we’re out of here early Sunday morning.
And off to Sunny California for a few weeks.
Ok coffee is ready and I need a few cups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
old scoot coot
3,600 Posts
No mercy, Tommy! I’ll give ya a whirl!
Does this mean your walk up song is now All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth?
ha! i'll two step with ya till the sun comes up lisa, would be my honor and pleasure! at a couple of months lead time on the partial it will be pretty close to christmas anyway. believe me though, you do not want to hear me try to sing. that's way worse than my smile right now.:)

·
old scoot coot
3,600 Posts
Cool 70 and drizzle this morning, should clear out by 10 am if not sooner.

Second week of CPE done as of yesterday at 3 pm, the more I listen to the topics the more I remember why I retired, LOL, I'll continue the courses since I already paid for them.

Still looking forward to more testing on the Destroyer this afternoon, and some riding on the SGS before a next week when much rain is expected from the tropical storms hitting PR & FL arrive here.

Hope you all have a great Friday.

BTW, a contingent of bikers were involved in an accident yesterday on I-495 nearby, one rider from Oklahoma experienced serious injury, the 70 year old rider is in RI hospital, hoping he recovers quickly and the rest of the riders are on their way safely.

at least no fatalities. ya learn something every day. i didn't know i was elderly. i think i'll just opt not to believe that.:cool:

·
old scoot coot
3,600 Posts
no day trip today. i really wanted to . i finally left to go check out the overcast. probability of precip was 70 percent and low overcast to the horizon on all compass headings. i rode around close for a bit and it kept getting darker. bikes were all cleaned up and i didn't want to get fury dirty so i gave it up and went back home.fly day tomorow danny and i are flying out to lunch and hanging out at airport after. i need to work an tail wheel and change oil on plane too. supposed to be a red banner day only low eighties and severe clear. mickey's out again next week a part time gig. so i will be doing solo day trips mostly. y'all have a great weekend. hasta.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Good Morning Folks
Offical news yesterday was the hottest day so far this year on my cell phone temps said 92 but when I looked on my trike it said 96 so I guess somewhere in between ,,,, all I know it was bloody hot as hell , nice if not having to work out in it .
After I got home from work by 6pm a rumble of thunder in the distance ,then lightening and more thunder then one huge bang with 10 mins of heavy rainfall it cleared the air and cooled down the air that's for sure .
Now at 5am Saturday Morning it's just getting light but feels so much cooler supposed to have more rain over the weekend & tomorrow (Sunday) going to meet up with a friend who will be 50 only going to meet at a pub in the open air ,
Here in Britain covid is rising in certain areas of the Country which have high populations of Muslim and Indian ,so now we are having certain freedoms taken away again and the supposed planned opening up is now cancelled.
All because of their lifestyles guess this will happen often here .
Right its now nearly 5.15am I am off to make a coffee, so have a good Saturday stay happy stay Safe

Took this pic just after arrived at work

Empty garden centre hardly any vehicles about this was taken at 3.45pm ,, way too hot for people to be walking around a glass house

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Good Sunday morning
ET, John, bbally, Jeff, Oldhand, Tommy,Noel, Lisa,Kainam.
It’s 4:37 am an I’ve been up since 3:00 am.
Windows are open but it’s still warm outside here in Minnesota.
But it beats being back home where it was 117 today!
Last day here so we’re going to get things packed up so we can leave early Sunday morning for Sturgis S.D.
It’s about an 8 hour drive from here.
So it should be light outside when we get there .
Going to look around after checking in to our room.
Brand New Marriott opened yesterday.
So we should be good.
Then it’s off to Wyoming Monday.
I just heard someone walking around upstairs.
That could only be Carmen at this hour.
She’s always up by 4:30 .
So I guess Id better get some sleep since We have few things to do today before the rain hits this afternoon.
Good night or good morning.
See you all later today.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,336
Morning All Et, Rick, Jeff ,Noel ,Bob ,Oldhand, Lisa . Well we made it to Saturday . I think Me and Ms. Libby will take a ride out to the lake Sunday and Count Picnic tables in the Pavilion at the County park were were Having the wife's Memorial in Sept . . So our Niece can make center pieces for the tables maybe we will Get a Ice cream while were out there .Ms. Libby Loves Vanilla Ice cream In A bowl LOL

·
American
26,752 Posts
Morn'n ET, Rick, John.... our thoughts are with you John. May Laurie RIP.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Morning All Et, Rick, Jeff ,Noel ,Bob ,Oldhand, Lisa . Well we made it to Saturday . I think Me and Ms. Libby will take a ride out to the lake Sunday and Count Picnic tables in the Pavilion at the County park were were Having the wife's Memorial in Sept . . So our Niece can make center pieces for the tables maybe we will Get a Ice cream while were out there .Ms. Libby Loves Vanilla Ice cream In A bowl LOL

Good day to you John not sure if its still morning or afternoon where you are any how your plan sounds good for Sunday remember photos cos we all love photos (y)

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Afternoon.
Well all work outside has stopped.
Rain drops with steady rain coming up behind it.
Pretty humid and warm.
That’s fine I can sit on my assets and wait till later. 80%?is packed up anyway.
Even taking some of out grandson’s stuff for college with us.
Time for a cold glass of Ice Tea.

3321 - 3340 of 3478 Posts