Harley Davidson Forums banner

3341 - 3356 of 3356 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Morning gents, wife and Son are getting ready to take the grandson back to his mom in Austin, Tx. I'll be batching it with the dog for awhile as they plan to go on to Oklahoma to see her brother then Louisiana, to see a sister. Ride safe guys, 70 old, I still think I am 40.

·
old scoot coot
3,527 Posts
Good Morning Folks
Offical news yesterday was the hottest day so far this year on my cell phone temps said 92 but when I looked on my trike it said 96 so I guess somewhere in between ,,,, all I know it was bloody hot as hell , nice if not having to work out in it .
After I got home from work by 6pm a rumble of thunder in the distance ,then lightening and more thunder then one huge bang with 10 mins of heavy rainfall it cleared the air and cooled down the air that's for sure .
Now at 5am Saturday Morning it's just getting light but feels so much cooler supposed to have more rain over the weekend & tomorrow (Sunday) going to meet up with a friend who will be 50 only going to meet at a pub in the open air ,
Here in Britain covid is rising in certain areas of the Country which have high populations of Muslim and Indian ,so now we are having certain freedoms taken away again and the supposed planned opening up is now cancelled.
All because of their lifestyles guess this will happen often here .
Right its now nearly 5.15am I am off to make a coffee, so have a good Saturday stay happy stay Safe
View attachment 786780
Took this pic just after arrived at work
View attachment 786781
Empty garden centre hardly any vehicles about this was taken at 3.45pm ,, way too hot for people to be walking around a glass house
purdy scoot mike. i like the fender bibs too!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
purdy scoot mike. i like the fender bibs too!
Thanks the fender bibs I bought from HD had to wait a week before they got them over from the states as they didn't have them in UK not enough call for them here .
They have the sheep wool effect on the underside have been informed that may cause some rubbing of the fender paintwork but overhaul it does protect the fenders from stone chips .

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Good Morning fellow breckies
Yesterday turned out not to be a bad day after all , wife & I took a ride out only locally stopped off for a bite to eat at white moors Antiques & craft centre accessible only by Country roads ,wife bought two items for the garden made of sheet metal , whilst I did look at a set of Salter scales but decided not to buy ( prob regret that ).
It only rained once we got home by that time I was taking an afternoon nap only found out it had rained once I woke up.
Today in the afternoon we are going to meet up for a friends 50th birthday , with the rules regarding the virus they cannot hold any kind of gathering at home so will be in the pubs garden from 2pm until 7pm where we can meet up but with social distancing , not ideal but at least he gets some kind of celebration weather permitting .

·
American
26,675 Posts
Morn'n Et, John, Rick.

Reactions: English Triker

·
old scoot coot
3,527 Posts
Thanks the fender bibs I bought from HD had to wait a week before they got them over from the states as they didn't have them in UK not enough call for them here .
They have the sheep wool effect on the underside have been informed that may cause some rubbing of the fender paintwork but overhaul it does protect the fenders from stone chips .
yea mike, same for bag lid covers on fury. the rubbing chafe would be in the clear coat and buff out if you removed them. they would look way better than if you ran without the covers.:)

·
old scoot coot
3,527 Posts
good lovely sunday morning mike, john, rick, jeff, bob, oldhand, noel, brian, rum and lisa and all you motorsickle machine mates. a six star day here. high around mid eighties. another fly day today danny had cattle out yesterday and had to mend fence. put new tail wheel chains and springs on and lubed yesterday then fley down to vinita for lunch. mickey d's meh. didn't change plane oil, i had five hours left till due. probably well fly to grand lake of the cherokees today. and hang out some at airport. we usually don't hang around much in the summer after flying the hangars are just too hot. no ac in them just man fans. now rain in forcast this week. will ride with tony tomorrow and solo rest of week. have a good lord's day all hope to see ya in my shop or on the road. have fun and be happy!

·
Poser Member # 99
17,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,352
Morning All Et Jeff Rick Noel Oldhand Tommy LisaBob. Well we made it to the 1st Saturday of the week . I've got to Get caught up on Washing Dishes This morning . So The job will be out of the way then go to the Basement and Find out why I'm Not getting and Water to the Washer So we Can start on that Job Next .

·
old scoot coot
3,527 Posts
good moring john and all. a couple more really nice, dry, and cool days coming before warming up to normal temps. tony and i are doing day trip today. don't know where yet probably not far cause he's ridding his sporty today. still so sad for your loss john. memorial will be nice to see family and friends, celebrate her life and have some ice cream for ms libby. my dogs have always liked vinilla in a bowl also. :) have a great day all. oh john, it could be the water inlet valve where the water line hooks to washer. i've replaced a couple of those.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Good morning from Rapid city SD.
Cool an 54.
It is 6:20 am and I feel like I was beatin with a rock.
Very very long day yesterday.
With just a lot of screw ups.
But Sturgis was fun for the short time we were there.
Bought a couple of shirts and walked around a bit.
We haven’t been there in a few years.
A lot of remodeling went on.
Did have a few ’s with some old friends but that’s another story for another time.
Got back here and just crashed.
Off to Wyoming in a couple of hours with the old crew.
Some of these guys are in bad shape and look rougher then when I left them.
An it hasn’t been that long ago.
But I wouldn’t screw with too many of the .
A lot of old war stories from the past for sure .
Ok shower time and a gallon of coffee and a few aspirins an I’ll be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Good afternoon now entering the evening here in UK yesterday ( Sunday ) we had a great day we rode to our friends 50th birthday held at a local pub to where he lives .
A fair amount of his family and friends came and went during the hours that we were there we arrived at 2.30 stayed until 6.30pm then rode home .

Been unusually busy day for a Monday at work I had plenty to do they produced a list of jobs for me I did a few and left a few , no way am I going above and beyond any more yoiu dont even get a thank you all you would get would be given more work .

·
Former Lurker
2,809 Posts
Good morning
John, Noel , Jeff, Oldhand, bbally , Tommy, Lisa,ET, Kainam.
Well the house inspection went well only a few minor things.
Today is graduation day for our grandson .
Man I remember chasing him around the house and him screaming .
Very fond memories of him growing up.
We can’t go to the ceremony
Because of the virus but it’s a live streaming so we’ll watch it on the I pad.
Then a party afterwards .
Then he’ll take off with his friends to other parties around here.
Looks like we just might pass thru Sturgis for a evening .
I haven’t been there in a few yrs.
Made plans to catch up with some old friends from Detroit area. .
Got to make sure I don’t over do it so I can drive the next morning early.
I don’t want to get involved with their business but it will be cool to hang out with them again..
So we’re out of here early Sunday morning.
And off to Sunny California for a few weeks.
Ok coffee is ready and I need a few cups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup,
My Nephew, my little sister's youngest graduated from HS this past may. He is getting ready to go to UF in a week or two. They are going to have virtual (online only) classes, but REQUIRE him to live in the dorm and do them from there. WTF?? I guess they need bodies$$ in the dorms to pay for them?? Makes no sense.
Her oldest is getting ready to start her senior year of college in Conn. Not sure what her school is doing, but she is on the Gymastics team and there is no way she is not going...

It seems like just yesterday that they were both under 3' tall and sitting on my dock feeding my Dobers one cheerio at a time. One for you (as a tiny hand went halfway down a Dober throat), one for me, one for you (Dober 2) and one for me. Cute as can be...
Smart as a whip and both making good grades and appear to be heading on a path to prosperity...
Makes me feel old.
Eff that, I'm going to grill a couple of steaks, have a few beers and ride after the hurricane passes...

3341 - 3356 of 3356 Posts