Harley Davidson Forums banner

1661 - 1680 of 1759 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Good morning all,
Big John hired the girls this morning so all is well at the diner. Enjoy your day folks.

·
old scoot coot
2,897 Posts
morning jeff, john, rick, jim, noel, rum, oldhand, don, bob, dyna and all. still waiting for parts cold and rainy again today. i wasn't even going to shop to day but got todays fire in stove and what am i going to do? can't sit still with a bike on the lift in the middle of a job. won't have new oil pump till probably till tomorrow. i guess i'll go down and do a brake fluid flush on fury. man comooooooon spring. we are going to actually going to see sun sat through a partly cloudy monday. probably fly saturday and day trip sunday. i need to get out of shop for a while. have a great day biker dudes. i hope the sun is shinning where you are.:cool:

·
old scoot coot
2,897 Posts
i got the brakes flushed and clutch as well on fury this morning. no oil pump till friday afternoon. break time round table friday morning. i can run down to bville in cage, darn it, to pick up oil pump and primary vent after that. will be all set for reassembly of flash next week. wx good saturday, sunday, and partly sunny on monday maybe . i may get to play three days before back to shop. yeeeeeehaaaaaa! can take fury down to have abs cycling on digitech in next week or two. if i call ahead that's about a fifteen minute wait so can do that on a day trip. i may let flashes brake flush wait till fall. it was two years to the day on fury's second flush and what came out looked very good. it was four years before i found about the two year recomendation on the 14,fluid coming out looked pretty rough that time. well i hope you gents have a great weekend and get some sunshine and wind! :cool:

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Morning John. 5:30 am here and it’s still Dark.
I have a Dr appointment at 7 am .
How did that happen I’m never up this early .
Be careful out there John. Off to the shower....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American
25,974 Posts
Morn’n Rick..... RICK! 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Yeah that’s what I said Jeff.
I didn’t make this appointment. Dr did cause I missed one last week.
Guess this is pay back

·
old scoot coot
2,897 Posts
morning bob, jeff, john, rick and all. i got some parts ups yesterday. have everything i need except the first thing i need, the oil pump. murphy's law of shipping still prevails. 😁 not much on the list for today. i am still a little concerned about pushing cam bearing( came yesterday) in with my modified twin cam tool plate only held in place with two two thumb screws that's all i could manage with extractor centered up. i could get one hole thumb screw in and had to blow another with torch. couldn't blow another hole that would mate up. i may get this chore out of the way this morning. probably no worry i just do when i have to jerry rig. i have the bearings in the freezer, may have to use old to seat new one in a littlw past case interior. and wiill use a couple of 1/4 x 20 cap screws instead of thumb screws and cinch em down with a wrench. and hold my mouth just right. stripping out the mounting holes for the camchest cover would not be my finest hour. anyway y'all have a great day. bob check and see if your pilot has grey hair, mountain flying aint for rookies, and have a great trip back.:cool:

·
old scoot coot
2,897 Posts
i second the happy birthday bob. i hope you have a blast. shoped it a little bit ago. halla damn louya. it was difficult to line up and center the cam bearing bore without making a tool. held mouth just right and got it pretty close. by the time i got the cam bearing in the driver with face plate bolted up the freeze job was moot but got it in flush with driver then used the smaller driver that fit something else included in twin cam set.and old bearing to inset it to where original brg was. phew that went pretty well. 🤠

·
Poser Member # 99
17,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,677
Morning All A belated Happy Birthday Bob We got our Taxes Done Last night we got back about the Same as Last year Which is usually we Normanally we get back Less.. I was Surprised She Said we should Have our rebate back in 2 weeks I'll Believe it when I see it . Have a Good TGIF today and A Happy Valentines Day to All The Girls Out their .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Morning all, hope everyone is doing ok. 3PM the VA will give me a new set of hearing aids and a new blue tooth. Should be sunny next week I plan to get as much riding in as I can before the eye surgery. Read where Florida has used Red Flag law to confiscate 100s of guns. People need to learn what "shall not be infringed" means. Democrats in Arizona house trying to ban all weapons with removable magazine holding more than 10 rounds. This time no grandfather clause, get gun out of state, fix so can't be fired, are turn in to police with no buy back.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Morning
John, Oldhand. Better get my azz out of bed got to help brother in law install kitchen cabinets this morning.
Time for a quick shower and coffee. Have a Fun Friday

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200214/f9b40400d5d8aba25cb92ab06cfd1265.jpg[/IMG
Well cabinets are assembled and up.
Only 2 more to put on and I’m tired.
Done an time for a Cold beer

1661 - 1680 of 1759 Posts