Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding buddy has one, and as I work on her.

Was welcomed with open arms..
Told them I didn't have a Honda...

Anyway waved at a guy on a goldwing today.. Actually did bs hand sign waiting for a light.

Class operation at that shadow site.

Just sharing....

Fitz....

Rode both me HDs today...

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
It's a slippery slope.
You'll be on a Vespa before you know it...

·
Registered
326 Posts
and you openly admit it?
Cool! LOL, dont tell anyone, but I have a honda shadow spirit hidden in the garage from my better half...she always wants to sell it for furniture...not.
They do have a good site and mechanically, the honda has never broken down and the cost of maintenance is pocket change...
I'm keeping it around so the kids/grandkids can play with it...
Ride safe.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Should this be in the "nothing" thread ?.:dunno

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Along with shenanigans and tomfoolery. :what?
Shenanigans aren't so bad, but that tomfoolery stuff can get you hurt in a heartbeat.

·
Former Lurker
2,931 Posts
I have to admit that I have had a bunch of jap bikes over the years...
But a vespa??
You know the old saying, "Better dead, than mo-ped..."

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
my buddy got back into riding 3 years ago with a shadow 750- rode the snot out of it for a year and did nothing but talk about how much better it was than any harley ever made-

didnt matter he never rode a harley- then one day i got a bee sting that ended my day early- he went home got his wife to drive me back and rode my street bob home for me

last spring he sold the shadow and bought a 2002 dyna - said it was kool the way it was and wasnt investing any money other than tires and fluids

last week his ez brackets arrived at my house and today the bags arrive - the other day he showed me his cart at jp cycles-lol

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Shadow riders are like ugly girls. They are grateful for any attention. :spar

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I've had some chop up messin around yamaha's and suzuki and kawasaki fun project bikes and I've joined one forum for info and visited others for wiring help or mech stuff

I never read any anti-Harley threads on the kawasaki site but there probably was a few

The suzuki site and yamaha would have a harley bash thread every once in a while

There always would be a member or two that would come to the Harleys defense but then they would get piled on

I think its kinda like racism

The imports were made fun of and ridicule tantalize taunted and torment

Now the imports owners are the biggest talkers of smack they ridicule tantalize taunted and torment Harleys

They say Harleys are slow overpriced old world tech and harley riders are knuckle dragging cave men lol

Whatta you do :what?

I think Harley guys just like bikes and most have owned and even started on some other than harley bike

So we harley owners know what its like to have imports and probably had some fun riding imports

I also think that some of these guys bashin harleys on the import sites never had a harley

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
and some of us ARE knuckle draggers, don't forget THAT part!!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Yep

·
Registered
39,572 Posts
As far as old world tech vs new world tech...

I'll take old world tech that was designed to last forever vs the disposable new world tech any day!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts