Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2009 Softail Custom
294 Posts
I am meeting my brother and am going to the Dragon May 11th through the 18th. Will ride some of the other great roads in the area too. Have been looking forward to this for a long time.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I'll be down there in June, can't wait.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would suggest riding 441 through the great smokey mountains national park. You will not regret it! I like it better than the tail of the dragon. The tail is just a curvy road in the woods to me. Good BBQ at deals gap though! On 441 there are spectacular views. Just don't speed, the rangers will stop you. If you ride on the blue ridge parkway starting in Cherokee, be careful in the tunnels. I rode through a lot of broken asphalt chunks in some of them. They are hard to see. Awesome views on parkway too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would suggest riding 441 through the great smokey mountains national park. You will not regret it! I like it better than the tail of the dragon. The tail is just a curvy road in the woods to me. Good BBQ at deals gap though! On 441 there are spectacular views. Just don't speed, the rangers will stop you. If you ride on the blue ridge parkway starting in Cherokee, be careful in the tunnels. I rode through a lot of broken asphalt chunks in some of them. They are hard to see. Awesome views on parkway too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

What kind of BBQ at the Gap? Just moved to North Carolina and planning a trip to the dragon this year, hopefully with the wife for a slow pass if she gets up to speed and confidence on her bike... (Fingers crossed)

Can not get used to Carolina (Lexington) style pulled pork... Just not my idea of BBQ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts