Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Mother Nature, message received, your pizzzed but can ya start summer anytime soon? 62 degrees.. really?

On a side note, finally found a use for slow speed through the cones. Its to teach you how to dodge cage parts when they play stupid with each other and lose. Slow speed though cage debris, worked like a charm.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Bruce, you'd love it on I-10 with the scrap metal trucks losing parts of their loads all over the pavement. Makes for some interesting broken field riding.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bruce, you'd love it on I-10 with the scrap metal trucks losing parts of their loads all over the pavement. Makes for some interesting broken field riding.
It gets interesting out there Darryl, my all time favorite is getting hit in the knee with a hunk of wood off a log truck doing 70.. I saw stars.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
That's funny sh!t right there.....You need leathers in 62* weather?:what?

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,786 Posts
Kinda went down like this for me,

Go for a evening ride at 7:00 pm and its HOTNHUMID break out in
a sweat walking fifteen feet to the bike, Later a storm from the north rolls in, go out at 6:30 am and body is still in the night before hotnhumid state of mind and lower 60's degrees felt like it was mid October or some chit. :laugh

·
CVFFCV
112 Posts
Hey, I've worn winter jackets in 80* weather!! I suppose when the temp drops almost 40* between day and night, anything would feel cold.

It was a chilly 65* today though, had a hoodie on while riding today. My buddy picked up a new Fat Boy today, and he did his test ride in a t-shirt, by the end of the ride he was shivering, lol.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Come live on the South Coast for a few months. 62 degrees is mid-winter weather.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's almost Texas hot in Eastern Washington, easily a month early for those temps, like sittin in front of your dogs face!

·
CVFFCV
112 Posts
Come live on the South Coast for a few months. 62 degrees is mid-winter weather.
spent around 10 months at Keesler... it's pretty miserable down there, lol. Although oddly, I miss it sometimes.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
I spent 4 years at Keesler. Been back here on the Coast for nearly 25 years and other than to go over there to play golf a few times, I've avoided Keesler. And yes, the weather DOES get into the teens some winters. Every 20-25 years or so, we actually get to see snow.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
72 here in the backwoods today, the average high for this date is 86. I don't mind the cool temps so much, but it has rained everyday for the last 3 weeks.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
The rains work to cool things down here, and when the rains are absent, add humidity to the sunshine, and we have HUMOT....brutal, life-force-sucking heat and humidity.

·
Former Lurker
3,612 Posts
HUMOT....brutal, life-force-sucking heat and humidity.

Yes, this is exactly what we have.
I'd kill for a 62 during the day...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The rains work to cool things down here, and when the rains are absent, add humidity to the sunshine, and we have HUMOT....brutal, life-force-sucking heat and humidity.
Yes the heat index is way up there this week
rain helps as long as its not thunder storm down poor:bikerguy:

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
I'm complaining about nothin until there's ice on the road.

But yeah, Gold, the weather is messed all the way up.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
When I walked out of the motel in Fostoria on a beautiful Saturday morning in the middle of last August, it was 57°F. I thought I was in motorcycle Nirvana. I loved the fact that I had to go buy a sweatshirt to ride in.

Here, in August, your t-shirt is usually soaked through by the time you get out of your driveway. But you won't hear me complaining. I'm riding.

--

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Seems I remember that the hottest it got up in Fostoria that weekend was cooler than the coolest temps we had down here that same weekend.....and almost no humidity.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems I remember that the hottest it got up in Fostoria that weekend was cooler than the coolest temps we had down here that same weekend.....and almost no humidity.
With or without the A.C. running in the cage??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts