Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Just checked one out on the internet looks a beautiful bike congratulations looking forward to seeing your bike

·
Registered
11,522 Posts
Bought a Indian Challenger yesterday I’ll give a review when I get it and this cold weather we’re having turns around
Looking forward to reading your review. I'm not really in the market for a new bike (famous last words LOL) but I am intrigued with the Challenger. Two Harley dealers here in Louisville and both have "attitude" issues. How about your Indian dealer? My closest Indian dealer is across the river maybe 7-8 miles and when the weather breaks I intend to ride over there to look around, chat with dealer staff, so forth and so on. I really do like my RGU but...., I'm not really pleased with all things Harley Davidson if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking forward to reading your review. I'm not really in the market for a new bike (famous last words LOL) but I am intrigued with the Challenger. Two Harley dealers here in Louisville and both have "attitude" issues. How about your Indian dealer? My closest Indian dealer is across the river maybe 7-8 miles and when the weather breaks I intend to ride over there to look around, chat with dealer staff, so forth and so on. I really do like my RGU but...., I'm not really pleased with all things Harley Davidson if you know what I mean.
Bought it from the Indian dealer in Sturgis. It was without a doubt the best buying experience I have had!!!! Harley dealers around me have that attitude problem also. They better step their game up or there may be a lot more converts!!!

·
Retired citizen
24,076 Posts
I almost bought one 4 months ago but I though 6 months from now Ide say it just isnt a harley, its just a polaris.
What's wrong with Polaris ? I used to be a Polaris Mech, went to Polaris school every year ! SnoMos, Trikes and Quads before they started with cycles.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's wrong with Polaris ? I used to be a Polaris Mech, went to Polaris school every year ! SnoMos, Trikes and Quads before they started with cycles.
I ask the same question when I hear people say that. The engine and suspension on this bike is light years ahead of the HD 1920 technology

·
Retired citizen
24,076 Posts
EvoRK I think you're going to like this Polaris very much. BUT don't do apples to oranges with the H-D please.
Did ya sign up at the Polaris forum yet ???

Reactions: sardonicus87

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes joined the Challenger forum. O I know you can’t compare them I’ve been riding and working on harleys since 1978. So have seen a lot of them

·
Retired citizen
24,076 Posts
Yes joined the Challenger forum. O I know you can’t compare them I’ve been riding and working on harleys since 1978. So have seen a lot of them
1978 is when Polaris only had snowmobiles in the US market ! Polaris hadn't even dreamed motorcycles yet ! I'm a fan of Polaris for a long time ! Waiting now for your 1st Indian Challenger review !!!
Problem now is 'Indian' the name going to stay or going away ? What's wrong with calling a spade a spade any more ???

·
weird member
2,617 Posts
I don't think Indians are bad machines, I just don't like the look of them. There also isn't an Indian dealer around here where I am. Closest one is multiple hours away. Not that I am in the market at all for a new bike.

FortNine did a video about how the Indian engine produces more power at the same displacement as the Harley engines. I also saw a video one time comparing the ride and tech of the Challenger and the RG.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think Indians are bad machines, I just don't like the look of them. There also isn't an Indian dealer around here where I am. Closest one is multiple hours away. Not that I am in the market at all for a new bike.

FortNine did a video about how the Indian engine produces more power at the same displacement as the Harley engines. I also saw a video one time comparing the ride and tech of the Challenger and the RG.

There are some dealers closer but the one I bought from is about 6 hours away.

·
Registered
40,730 Posts
Bought it from the Indian dealer in Sturgis. It was without a doubt the best buying experience I have had!!!! Harley dealers around me have that attitude problem also. They better step their game up or there may be a lot more converts!!!
My closest Harley dealer has an attitude problem as well. They think people who buy Harleys are idiots and have no clue what Harleys are supposed to cost. If they were actually interested in making a fair sale, I would have been on a Road Glide Special last year.

I hate that they put those idiot stickers on the tank and fucking up the paint.

Also, I do know of one Indian buyer who'd bike had surface rust underneath the paint.

Lots of the trim pieces are just stuck on with double sided tape, ie front fender chief light etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Kainam, I just bought my 2021 Road Glide Special last Monday. The dealers “selling price” was over $3,000 over MSRP, which did nothing but piss me off. He gave me some lip about Harley limiting supply to dealers to drive up the price; what a butthead. I told him what I would pay. He made two more trips to the ”office, and ended up accepting my offer. My offer was fair and a win-win for both parties. What a pain in my ass the negotiations were! I would have tried an Indian, but they don’t have enough dealerships to suit me for long distance touring. Ok, my rant is over. I do love the bike.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts