Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is a bit pre-mature really but since I've had a few inquiries I figured I'd address it here.

Yes, for all wondering I'm working on something 'semi-classified' I guess you could say. Its nothing highly uncommon, maybe just a little rare. I've had an odd little Kawasaki hanging around here that I've done very little with, admittedly because its a Kawasaki. (no offense to fans haha). Not that someone out there hasn't built a Kaw chopper before.... not that they haven't perhaps used this type of fuel before. The difference?

I'm creating the fuel too.

The hoops come from our own government on the regulation of creating our own fuels. I have to file a ton of paperwork, go through many legal issues, probably be put under a microscope and dissected thoroughly, etc. I'll be making the device this fuel is created in, the fuel, the bike, all of it. At least that's what I'm hoping to do. So far its looking like a very long process.

I don't want to give away too many details largely because I don't want to be beat to the finish line so to speak. Given the average prices of gasoline these days I was inspired to create my own fuel and figured why not use it in a wild little chop?

So if all goes according to plan, I'll catalog the build and post up pics here. Just be patient, could be a while depending on our government. I'm sure we all know how quickly they act. :dance

I'm just hoping I don't blow up the motor, its the only one I've got. :eek: So its 'build or bust' on a real level. A budget and EXTREMELY limited parts haha. I'll keep you posted.

Badger

·
Registered
42,939 Posts
Looking forward to some pics!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Could the fuel be ethanol? I know there are a LOT of regs that go along with making that stuff yourself. Don't want the Exise man bustin in your front door for making backyard hooch.

Good luck with it and keep us posted!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could the fuel be ethanol? I know there are a LOT of regs that go along with making that stuff yourself. Don't want the Exise man bustin in your front door for making backyard hooch.

Good luck with it and keep us posted!

Indeed. I heard something on the news this morning saying some new legislation could take effect (for the better) before Memorial Day. Could be good news for this project to help speed things along a little bit.

Badger

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I thought maybe it was gonna be rendered badgers. I guess I am too literal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts