Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rectangle Font Linens Fashion accessory Event

I have a 1997 Electra Glide police bike. Just bought a few weeks ago. When bike gets to normal temperature the bike would want to stall say at a stop light. In neutral the bikes rpm’s would rise then fall. The solution or problem part was the “Engine Temperature Sensor”. My year bike it is inside front head under gas tank. Had to lift tank and use a 3/4” deep socket to remove. Installed new one got from HD dealership, $110.00 was the price but worth it! Had to mention this in case anybody else has same problem.

·
Registered
2013 CVO FLHTCUSE8 #414/1100
59 Posts
I may try and replace the one on my 13 Ultra because I've recently had some surging when I first start it up as well. Once it's hot it's fine. IDK. I'm glad you got it sorted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well not sure if that would be the part I replaced. My bike started fine and had no issues until the bike was warmed up. When it was warmed up for a few miles then it would want to stall every time I would come to a stop light. Than my engine light would light up and go out. And real sporadic idle.
I may try and replace the one on my 13 Ultra because I've recently had some surging when I first start it up as well. Once it's hot it's fine. IDK. I'm glad you got it sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts