Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from the hospital, my new 6 week old grandson got dropped on his head on a tile floor by his other grandpa. He has a skull fracture, they said he is doin fine, has to stay overnight for observation. The hospital had to call DCF so they showed up and have to do home inspections and so forth. What a mess.......keep him in y'alls prayers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear that. I know if I was the grampa that dropped him I'd be feelin' really bad. I sure hope the boy will be ok.

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,658 Posts
Sorry to hear about your grandson and hope he recovers fast.

About DCF just a little rant, When my middle son was in first grade I had a iguana and he was very tame but lizard left a scratch on my sons arm that looked like a very minor cat scratch.

Anyway kid goes to school on friday and a teacher ask him how he got the scratch and the kid said from his mom smacking him with a paddle with a rubber ball attached to it??? The kids had them paddles with rubber ball month before and the kids destroyed them in no time so we don't know where the kids story came from???

Teacher didn't approach principal or school counselor, just called DCF.

DCF took our two kids out of school and wife called me at work and said (freaking out) DCF was coming to our house to take our two year son ??

I got a hold of a lawyer and paid her a thousand bucks(lot of money back then) and had to wait until Monday to go to court.

Judge made them return our sons and school teacher was in a little hot water.

DCF still was able to keep the case open and bugged us every week for months until the case was closed.

All because of a scratch and a kid with a imagination.

The house that DCF had our kids in was in the worst side of town and the oldest son said people were fighting in the street most of the night....who knowns???

·
Señor Member
19,579 Posts
Oh, Zeta, that's too bad. So sorry to hear. More prayers coming. Let us know how he's doing.

·
Try'n to behave
5,522 Posts
Oh My God, I feel so bad for him right now! That is terrible! I'm sure that Grandpa feels like chit too! I will definitely keep him in my prayers! What a rough way to spend the weekend. Hopefully he will make a full recovery, kids are tougher than adults give them credit for.

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
Damn! I got a 10 week old grandson and I just cant imagine the panic. Take care and please keep us informed.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,002 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for your grandson.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hate to hear it zeta and hope everyone is doing alright.

Last summer got into it with my brothers brother in law, he was slinging around my nephew who was only about a year and a half old and I was afraid the clumsy idiot was going to hurt the kid.

My brother backed me up on it 100%, he doesn't like anyone holding any of his kids when they were that little, not even me!!! let alone swinging them around.

It might have made some relatives mad, but he would only let them hold infants if the were sitting down and he was right there....he's been accused of being over-protective with everyone except our mom....even dads gotta be watched when he's held them:laugh

1 - 20 of 45 Posts