Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
572 Posts
Hello @HenryKen and welcome from Virginia.

You ask about some minimalistic gear and to stay safe. Well, since we are coming into winter in the northern world, I say get a full-face helmet. One won't ride comfortably without one, at least not long. I also have heated gloves, I recharge them every night this time of year.

Get a thick jacket with a liner in it. You'll want to take that out on warm days. A good pair of chaps block a lot of cold too. Wearing long johns and flannel should help as well.

Good luck and check that those are not the original tires by looking at the date stamp on the sidewalls. The bike looks great and new.

· Registered
2016 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
1,961 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota! No more than five years on tires, regardless of tread life.

· Registered
2005 Fat Boy
156 Posts
Welcome from DFW Texas. Lot of great gear threads here. From budget conscious to full blown textile pants and jackets to heated gear.
Only advice I have is take the time to decide what kind of riding you are “actually “ going to do so you only buy gear one time.
I thought I was going to be a weekend warrior only maybe an overnight or two. Well, bike has 80K miles now and been everywhere from Key West to Fairbanks Alaska and I have bought my share of gear more than once!

enjoy the forum and be safe.

Randy

Land vehicle Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle Wheel

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank
Hello @HenryKen and welcome from Virginia.

You ask about some minimalistic gear and to stay safe. Well, since we are coming into winter in the northern world, I say get a full-face helmet. One won't ride comfortably without one, at least not long. I also have heated gloves, I recharge them every night this time of year.

Get a thick jacket with a liner in it. You'll want to take that out on warm days. A good pair of chaps block a lot of cold too. Wearing long johns and flannel should help as well.

Good luck and check that those are not the original tires by looking at the date stamp on the sidewalls. The bike looks great and new.
Thank you so much for your suggestions Boog

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from DFW Texas. Lot of great gear threads here. From budget conscious to full blown textile pants and jackets to heated gear.
Only advice I have is take the time to decide what kind of riding you are “actually “ going to do so you only buy gear one time.
I thought I was going to be a weekend warrior only maybe an overnight or two. Well, bike has 80K miles now and been everywhere from Key West to Fairbanks Alaska and I have bought my share of gear more than once!

enjoy the forum and be safe.

Randy

View attachment 819032
Thank you Randy, and i can see you got a great bike!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts