Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time on Harley-Davidson forums.
I have just purchased my first Harley it is a 2007 XL 1200 Custom Sportster with 3000 KMS.
I am looking for any feedback from other Sportster owners.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Good choice, and :welcome

·
Banned
655 Posts
Hello Montster - welcome to the forum. I have a 2000 Sportster 1200XL Custom - a lot older than yours - if you go to my profile page you can see it. I bought mine 3 years back now. It had 18,000 miles on it. Love the bike. I did not know what I was going to buy - model wise - but that bike was like seeing your first true love. Had to have it. You will enjoy it. They are fast and corner good. Just watch - they are top heavy. Other than that - I think you will love it. PM me anytime if you want to talk. Welcome from Missouri, Loretta

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome I ride a sporty low, if I keep it I'll be changing the shocks, front fork oil, adding motor protector, seat more cushion, speedo with Braille, or Dave is riding with me holding magnifying glass.:rofl:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good Choice

I have an 04 and almost traded it in for a 09 fat bob about two weeks ago. After riding the fat bob and really thinking about it I realized that the sportster not replaceable. even if i do get another bike for touring i will never get rid of my sporty. good luck.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Our second bike is a 1200 Low which has all the extras that come on the custom. My wife loves the bike. Currently looking for saddle bags.:USA: Enjoy the Forum.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I have an 04 and almost traded it in for a 09 fat bob about two weeks ago. After riding the fat bob and really thinking about it I realized that the sportster not replaceable. even if i do get another bike for touring i will never get rid of my sporty. good luck.
What did you like over the fat bob that made you keep the sporty?

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
congrats! Monty,many fun as shiet! miles ahead of you,not to mention a little more polishing than your other scoot...i'm sure you'll love it.:thumb

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Hey, welcome aboard. I have a 05 883 conversion, fun bike . Allways wanted a sporty,and it's better than had imagined.

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What did you like over the fat bob that made you keep the sporty?
Well, first the fat bob was all stock, so it didn't get up and go the way my sporty does. (heavier bke of course, but also bigger engine)the stock fat bob looks good and handles well, but i just wasnt impressed with the power behind that motor. I am not sure yet how I feel about the fuel injected motor either. I am sure with some mods it would be much better, but I started thinking about all the money it was going to cost to do that. I will probably buy a fat bob someday but not until I can pay cash and not have to trade in my sportster. I probably wont buy one brand new form a dealer either. Great bike though. if you get a chance to test drive one do it. the center of gravity is real low and the bike feels much lighter than it actually is.

·
Just Chillin..
474 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I had a 06 1200 C the bike was great. I traded it in because my wife likes ridin and I weigh 240 so the both of us really bogged it down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome, just picked up a 2008 1200XL myself, and love the hell out of it. Hope you have as much fun with yours as I am with mine.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for the nice welcome, I will be sure to forward any questions I have in the future.
I don't pick-up my Sporster until mid May it sure is going to be a long few months.:thumb

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me.:thumb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts