Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, I know this is not a new problem. I have a 2011 Tri-Glide and I change the stock filter to a Screaming Eagle Extreme Billet air cleaner kit which eliminated the original breather vent tubes from the filter. What are folks doing to capture the oil leaking into the filter element. I see a lot of mods out there and want to know which is best for my setup.

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
The H-D billet air cleaners have internal vent passages in the backing plate that vent into the throat of the throttle body.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have to drill and tap my backing plate. Is there a kit I could buy that comes with all the fittings, hoses, collection can, etc. ?

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
If you're buying the KIT all the parts you need will be in it.

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
YOU said KIT that you're buying ! The start of this thread you said " Screaming Eagle Billet Air Cleaner Kit".
What do you mean "what is this kit" ???

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
Rickyacky;3565426[B said:
]OK guys, I know this is not a new problem. I have a 2011 Tri-Glide and I change the stock filter to a Screaming Eagle Extreme Billet air cleaner kit which eliminated the original breather vent tubes from the filter.[/B] What are folks doing to capture the oil leaking into the filter element. I see a lot of mods out there and want to know which is best for my setup.
This is what you said ! You already have the KIT ! The instructions come in the KIT !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm referring to a kit you can purchase to capture the oil that is collecting in the air filter. I've already installed the stage 1 air cleaner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You seem to understand my issue. Is there a specific location that I need to drill and tap the cast back plate to capture the oil?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I believe what Schmidtys is trying to explain to you is that the Screamin Eagle extreme billet air cleaner kit that you purchased should have two vent bolts and two vent plugs/tubes included with the kit. You do not need to drill any additional holes or add a can, the vent plug/tube directs any moister and oil mist into the intake so it gets burned with the fuel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts