Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Asylum Inmate
11,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode over to crested butte on the dirt road 12. Paonia state park to crested butte.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410703131.718189.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410703142.496033.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410703155.346815.jpg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1410703167.180691.jpg

·
Asylum Inmate
11,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the road west out of CB?

Yes. Go through the town follow signs to scenic by way.

Upper end of town you make a left then about two or three blocks you will make a right and head out west northwest.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
so how is that road as far as riding a motorcycle down it? How far is it to the next blacktop road?

·
Asylum Inmate
11,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so how is that road as far as riding a motorcycle down it? How far is it to the next blacktop road?
No problems I do about 50 on it. However if it rains I would avoid it for 12 hours.

It is 31 miles from end of pavement to beginning of pavement. There is a two miles stretch in the middle paved as it goes by a rich guys cabin.

SG will do it no problem. While it is not world renowned for its dual sport capabilities like the FLSTFB is, it would still be good on this road!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
thanks bbally,
I've been wondering that. I have a family member that has a condo on Mt. Crested Butte that I could stay in. I just didn't want to have to ride the hour down to Gunnison every day to get out of there. If that road is doable, then I would have an option to leave and go a different direction.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks bbally,
I've been wondering that. I have a family member that has a condo on Mt. Crested Butte that I could stay in. I just didn't want to have to ride the hour down to Gunnison every day to get out of there. If that road is doable, then I would have an option to leave and go a different direction.
Just remember most years Kebler (IE the whole road) closes about the first of December and won't be cleared again until mid April earliest and 1 June some years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts