Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many of the bikes have black colored motors, but many are grey too. How do you clean the crap from the motor when it's grey. Have tried lots of products, but they are either too caustic or don't clean very well. I hate to see all the dirt on my Dyna, because it is a reflection of how I take care of my nice ride. Anyone know what works?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a black motor and use Pig Spit. It works better than anything else I've tried, including the HD S100 cleaner, but not sure about on a gray motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MFXDB I have heard about PigSpit , but haven't tried it yet. The grey motors look like crap with all the oil and road grime on them. At least with black some of it is hidden.. As long as the stuff doesn't etch the finish, could use it on my mags also. I'll have to give it a try.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I use the S-100, it keeps em looking new. I fallow the instructions to a T. It works for me:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 1/2 Ton, I have something to work with now. If it wasn't so much work, I would consider doing the motor
2.jpg
, etc in black, but this is riding season now and I need to ride.It doesn't look all that bad , just bugs me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts