Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am I the First Red Neck ?????:D

Live in the western end of the state..Near Paducah..

It's a river city.. Lots of water around.. Ky Lake and Barkley Lake..

Also Tennessee, Mississippi, Cumberland, and Ohio Rivers, all pass through here..

We ride a lot in Ill. Missouri, Illinois, and Tennessee as well..:ride :ride :ride :ride :ride

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
crazy... If any consolation, the Colorado registry is quite lame. Maybe we can combine the registries into something like "Colorucky" or "Kentorado" Ha!

BTW, I rode a RKC through Paducah a little over two years ago and had a fantastic time despite riding through a thunderstorm of Biblical proportions! Came up from the south on that road going through the "Land Between the Lakes". Good friends of mine from the Sunday School Class I'm a part of here have recently moved to Grand Rivers. Following this tour, went south to see a friend in Memphis.

A highlight of this ride was going to Cairo, IL, parking the bike at the park, and then walking to the very bottom ten feet of Illinois and looking up, seeing the mighty Ohio on the left joining the might Mississippi on the right, coming together in front. Awesome... like a moving lake.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
My sister is in Paris, TN... I go through that area pretty consistently. VERY fun riding country!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crazy... If any consolation, the Colorado registry is quite lame. Maybe we can combine the registries into something like "Colorucky" or "Kentorado" Ha!

BTW, I rode a RKC through Paducah a little over two years ago and had a fantastic time despite riding through a thunderstorm of Biblical proportions! Came up from the south on that road going through the "Land Between the Lakes". Good friends of mine from the Sunday School Class I'm a part of here have recently moved to Grand Rivers. Following this tour, went south to see a friend in Memphis.

A highlight of this ride was going to Cairo, IL, parking the bike at the park, and then walking to the very bottom ten feet of Illinois and looking up, seeing the mighty Ohio on the left joining the might Mississippi on the right, coming together in front. Awesome... like a moving lake.

Hey, sfarson...
Good to hear someone knows where this end of the state is..

Yes, we have a LOT of water around here. Nothing like watching a storm roll across the water.
LBL is a neat area too.. In Grand Rivers I imagine you found Patti's resturant..

Good food.

ALSO, Rode through parts of your state last year.. Great time.. Beautiful country we live in here..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My sister is in Paris, TN... I go through that area pretty consistently. VERY fun riding country!
Yep, we frequently hit parts of TN on our rides..Ever been to Fat Daddys on the water.??

Planning for Knoxville Nat Hog Rally this year too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fellow red neck here, I live about 30 miles south of Owensboro. I ride the Trace often being my daughter lives in Murray and works in Paducah.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,757 Posts
Is it true that it's illegal to fish in the Ohio River in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing License?
I think that's being said bass-ackwards, because if you look closely at any map that shows the Ohio River,
try Louisville, the Ky State line on the north is the low water mark on the Indiana side of the river,
ALL of the Ohio river as it borders Indiana is in Ky.

Now that I think of it, it does seem I remember there being a funny aspect of the law,
If you were fishing from the Indiana shore, you were in Indiana and didn't need a Ky License,
but if you were fishing from a boat, you were in Ky and needed a Ky license.

I'm Ky born and raised, spent A LOT of time on the Ohio river as a Sea Scout.
In fact when I moved to Dallas, Tx, I was absolutely stunned to think you could build a big city
anywhere there wasn't a river to haul stuff in and out.

Awesome... like a moving lake.
As a river rat, this first struck me as a landlubbers misconception of a real river.
Any lake, no matter how big, is a puddle.
A real river is alive, and it's coming from someplace and it goes someplace.

I guess it's true in a way. You can look upstream for miles, and downstream for miles,
across a river that is over a mile wide, and if you stand there and watch it for an hour,
ALL of the water that was there when you started will be gone out of sight,
and the whole body of water you are wondering at is new.

When we boarded ship on the Ohio River at Louisville, we'd joke about
where do we want to go today, upriver to Pittsburg, or downriver to New Orleans?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello! I live in Florence, Ky which is in Northern Kentucky. A new member of the forum and I just bought my first harley in July 2008. Loving everything about it. 2007 white ultra classic. I haven't put the bike away for the winter - I still ride every chance I get.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
hey hey i am in the bottom part of the state.. really close to TN.. not sure how many are here.. hell i didnt even know there was a registry LOL..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm down here in So. Central Ky. 65 miles north of Nashville. Home of the All Harley Drags in this area. I ride wherever and whenever I can.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i am headed to Bowling Green the weekend of the 28th for the races!

·
Banned
5,949 Posts
Fellow *******

An east ky.hillbilly ******* here too guys. you uns ever get out of the flat lands and want to roll through some altitude with some attitude
give us shout as ye head this way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am in the process of relocating from the Chicago Burbs to a house I bought on Kentucky Lake. Lots of good riding close by. The Trace is one of my favorite rides when I'm not out on the water.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
that is a nice ride.. i have to agree !

·
Back in Black!
597 Posts
Hey yall! I live about 15 minutes west of Paducah in the far western part of the state. I am a guy that has recently rediscovered my love of riding. You see, I had a bike a long time ago, sold it due to military duties and just forgot about how much I loved to ride. A few months ago I got the itch to go looking (window shopping) for a Harley-Davidson XL883L. I told myself that if I found exactly what I was looking for that I would buy it. Well, here it is 5 months later and look where I am..........a biker site. I absolutely love the new bike. I had forgotten how much fun I could have just enjoying the ride. If you would like to ride sometime let me know, I am always looking for some new friends to ride with. I'll try and put a pic of me and the bike below.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 84 Posts