Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new keurig coffee machine and wow. Coffe whenever I want, no left over coffee when the wife makes it when I'm not home, tea too! Damn this thing is abouslutley wonderful. I highly recommend! Who else has one if the coffee miracle machines!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
I've been using one for the past couple years, love it! I did learn that you always, always want to put filtered water in it. Cleaning it with vinegar 12 oz at a time takes forever.... I use water from the refrigerator.

My favorite coffees are Foldgers Black Silk and the Wal-Mart brand donut shop blend.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,049 Posts
Got one about 5 years ago. Sure wish I would have bought that stock at the same time!
--We have great water. Have never used anything but tap water, never did the vinegar thing and am still on my 1st machine.
--

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm lovin it! I like black silk too. Also the mocha and chai latte. The iced Lipton tea is good too. I like to put a little baileys in the cup first to help cool down the coffee ya know!!

·
Señor Member
19,600 Posts
Used to have one at work. Problem is, once you get used to it, regular joe is tough to take. I switched back to regular coffee pot when I changed job.

·
Killer of Souls
10,865 Posts
I love coffee...
I have the K-cups at home for about 2 yrs...
I also have the Tassimo on my desk at work on demand is such a wonderful thing.

Only downside is the price per cup if you don't bulk order.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
As a 6ish cup a day guy, I decided against it for that reason alone.

On weekends, my wife and I drink a whole pot. I could see that getting expensive in a hurry.
This is me as well except we make a full pot every day. One of us loads the maker the night before, and it is waiting for us in the morning. We each have a cup at the house, she fills her travel cup and I pour the rest in my Stanley and take it to the office. Works out well.

The K-cups are just too freaking expensive. Some are more than a $1 each! I will say that the joe is pretty good though. It's by far the best-tasting solution for single-cup use. And, if you are single or don't drink a lot of coffee, it is probably a good thing.

I think the patent recently expired for Kuerig. Mr. Coffee and a bunch of others have started producing a machine that uses that same K-cup. It has become "standardized." This should drive pricing down.

I do have a tough of coffee snobbery though. We grind whole bean for each pot. There's no other way to do it, IMO. But, I love my Stanley. I think it reminds me of my Papaw. He carried one just like it out the door every day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the price is droping on them and we got one of the things you put your own coffee into. Works great! Can still buy the regular coffee and use that. Ill ad MIT it dosent taste as good as the pre packaged, but it's just as good as making a pot! Only down side is I like a BIG cup of coffee and it only makes up to a 12 ounce. To fill up my cup I have to make 2 of them. No that's an expensive cup of coffee unless I use the make your own. Soon the price will go down though and I'm sure old Wally World will have it's own for pretty cheap!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Bought one for the wife for her birthday in Jan. I don't drink coffee but good lord she does. Wife loves the damn thing. And according to her buying from coffegiant.com is a pretty inexpensive way to get kcups.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Just got a new keurig coffee machine and wow. Coffe whenever I want, no left over coffee when the wife makes it when I'm not home, tea too! Damn this thing is abouslutley wonderful. I highly recommend! Who else has one if the coffee miracle machines!

Since you brought it up, shouldn't you post a photo of one and some more details?

I'm a coffee drinker. What is this miracle of which you speak? Gots me curious!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ImageUploadedByMO Free1372100516.405996.jpg

So this miracle machine makes coffee on demand whenever you want! Works great because I like darker roast where my wife likes weak to medium. We can each have a cup of whatever we want whenever we want! It is amazing. Works for tea too. Add ice and have iced tea or iced coffee. It is awesome. Here is a link to the site too...

http://www.keurig.com/mobile?cm_mmc=pdsch-_-HQ-_-gog-_-503459

·
Killer of Souls
10,865 Posts
I have the older version of the one above...

This guy sits on my desk at the office...

3451330.png

Same idea different style packets

images.jpg

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
That's pretty cool!!

How much 'dem li'l coffee cups, each? Seems like it'd be kind of expensive what with all the packaging. I've used one, but didn't realize that's what the name of the unit was.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
The general cost is about 50¢ a cup, still cheaper than the gas station and you get exactly the type of coffee you want.

If you buy one just be sure too get one that does the 12oz or larger cup, some cheaper ones only make dinky cups of coffee.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,017 Posts
I'm an expatriot New Orleanean who is a confirmed coffeholic. These machines would break me in a month.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Last year I had mentioned to my wife that my one large Dunkin coffee a day was costing me about $90 a month and a that price it would only take about 6 weeks to pay for a Keurig machine. Guess what I got for a birthday present? :)

A box of DD K cups last me about 2 weeks so I'm saving almost $70 a month. Yep, I like my Keurig.

·
Railroader
42 Posts
I just purchased the Vue 500 for the OL, brand new off ebay for $109 shipped. Came with a little 8 pack and when you register your machine with Keurig they give you a coupon for 2 free packs when you order 2 packs. So I got 4 pack, $23 shipped! It's just me & her so we love it. All that fancy crapachino stuff she likes and sweet tea for me!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts