Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40,494 Posts
So I’m bought an 05 wide glide from a buddy and I love the bike. Runs and looks great. But I noticed that my bike was able to turn on and run without the key fob anywhere close to my bike. So I even took the battery out of the key fob and it will still start up and run. This shouldn’t happen right?! This is a button free key fob btw. So after some research I read on several different forums and seen in several different videos you can bypass the key fob by putting in a pin. And there is a way of finding the pin by a sequence of turning off and on the bike and pushing the turn signals. After several tries, I can’t get a pin or set up a new one. I’m at a loss and don’t know what else to do. And the last thing I want to do is take it to a dealer and have them fix it for who knows how much if it’s something I can fix myself. Has anyone has this problem or have any idea where I can go from here?
05 fob should have a button. The buttonless didnt come out until 07. Your "friend" gave you the wrong fobs!

Reactions: SCHMIDTY

·
Registered
40,494 Posts
And since the alarm is deactivated, you can get it to display the PIN code. Instructions stickied in the Electrical section, along with how to assign new fobs to your bike and change the code.

You dont have to replace anything but the fobs!

Reactions: SoftailBilly

·
Wayward Son
23,815 Posts
05 fob should have a button. The buttonless didnt come out until 07. Your "friend" gave you the wrong fobs!
Thought something smelled.
Was wondering why he was not asking his "friend" about any of this.

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
you can buy a disc brake lock for twenty bucks.
I put the wheel lock on rear wheel of my Softail hard reach disc with bags on it. Make basturd work for it. Made a cable long enough go thru front wheel and /or just sleeves on our jackets and secure full face helmets. No locking bags on Mistress

·
Registered
Crazy Cat Man
675 Posts
Fob or no fob if the bike has a functioning security system, then the lights will flash about 10 seconds after shutting it off. Is that happening? If so then it is getting a signal from something other than the fob you have mentioned to be able to start it. If they do not flash well then no security system.

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kainam, You stole my thunder! I'm surprised no one caught the fact he said '05 in the OP and no one until you commented on it!

Yes, in 2005 HD used the button (non-proximity) FOB. The OP has the wrong FOB!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I’m bought an 05 wide glide from a buddy and I love the bike. Runs and looks great. But I noticed that my bike was able to turn on and run without the key fob anywhere close to my bike. So I even took the battery out of the key fob and it will still start up and run. This shouldn’t happen right?! This is a button free key fob btw. So after some research I read on several different forums and seen in several different videos you can bypass the key fob by putting in a pin. And there is a way of finding the pin by a sequence of turning off and on the bike and pushing the turn signals. After several tries, I can’t get a pin or set up a new one. I’m at a loss and don’t know what else to do. And the last thing I want to do is take it to a dealer and have them fix it for who knows how much if it’s something I can fix myself. Has anyone has this problem or have any idea where I can go from here?
When I bought my Bike, I was told that the original pin is always 0000.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts