Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2009 FXSTC home from shipping company. Beautiful. Bike put 1 gallon of gas in it and then went to get gas. forgot to take key out and lost the key/ fob on pacific coast highway. I pulled into the gas station and it was gone. Bike will not start and AAA towed it 2 miles home. HELP. How do I get new key and fob. or by pass the security?

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,387 Posts
You can order a fob from dealer or ebay. You can also bypass the security with a pin but if you dont know the pin, i think youll have to take it to dealer to reset pin.

Link to resetting pin but it requires a working fob.

Best bet is take it and title work showing your the new owner and get a spare key and fob from dealer
http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32977

·
Registered
12 Posts
key fob

on my bike to
pass the security its
left signal light press once and then press the right signal light that represents the enter key
then press left 2 times the the right one for enter
then the left 3 times then enter
4 on the left one then enter and
finally 5 on the left then enter hope this helps

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But to bypass the security system the FOB has to be present. No??

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FOB has to be present or you'll need a PIN number.
So, if I can get the PIN # from the previous owner ( bought it from a dealer) I can start the bike without the FOB? The key fell out and ignition is still turned to ON. I just have to turn the big knob to off. At least I can drive it to DMV to register and then to Harley to have the system replaced if necessary. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
So, if I can get the PIN # from the previous owner ( bought it from a dealer) I can start the bike without the FOB? The key fell out and ignition is still turned to ON. I just have to turn the big knob to off. At least I can drive it to DMV to register and then to Harley to have the system replaced if necessary. Thanks.
Yes, IF you get the pin # from prev. owner you can start the bike without the FOB. But, you have to do the whole song and dance every time you want to start it. If the prev. owner didn't reset the pin,a common preset pin is the last 4 digits of the serial #, or serial # reversed. I don't know about the '09, but my '07 must be resting on the side stand for pin bypass procedure. Lifting off of the stand, puts it in arm mode.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, IF you get the pin # from prev. owner you can start the bike without the FOB. But, you have to do the whole song and dance every time you want to start it. If the prev. owner didn't reset the pin,a common preset pin is the last 4 digits of the serial #, or serial # reversed. I don't know about the '09, but my '07 must be resting on the side stand for pin bypass procedure. Lifting off of the stand, puts it in arm mode.
It's a 5 digit # right?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I believe you can by pass the alarm with out the fob, as someone else said using the turn signals and entering a new code. Check out u tube there's a several videos on this

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,387 Posts
Its a 5 digit pin. It can be used to bypass the system without a fob, but you need to know the 5 digit code. If you do not know the code, or have a fob your dead in the water. If you have a fob, you can change code to somethong you can remember, if you can get it to a dealer, they can reset it on the computer and get you a new fob and key and program the fob to the bike. But without the fob or pin code you cant do anything.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a 5 digit pin. It can be used to bypass the system without a fob, but you need to know the 5 digit code. If you do not know the code, or have a fob your dead in the water. If you have a fob, you can change code to somethong you can remember, if you can get it to a dealer, they can reset it on the computer and get you a new fob and key and program the fob to the bike. But without the fob or pin code you cant do anything.
That's what I figured but didn't want to hear. Thanks. I will have it towed to Harley.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,387 Posts
That's what I figured but didn't want to hear. Thanks. I will have it towed to Harley.
Have them set it up with a 5 digit pin you can remeber, if you have the owners manual it comes with a card to write down pin and shows you how to override the system, make sure dealer just sales you and new key and fob. No need to buy a whole tssm, they can reprogram it to the new fob. They should program the fob to bike for free but if they charge anything make sure its less then 10-15 minutes. My dealer did it in 5, bought bike new and the security wasnt activated yet. So i had to take the fobs and bike in and they hooked it up to a hand held and it was done in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had AAA tow it to Harley. They said I need a whole security system because they can not program a new fob to the old tcm? because anybody could steel a bike and bring it in and ask for such to be done. So I said that I am going to disarm the FOB and not use it. So I got a non security TCM? where there's no need for a FOB. Just keys , thank you. If some one wants a bike they will drag or pick it up and throw in a truck. Nobody's going to ,mess around and try to start a bike with Vance & Hines big radius pipes in the middle of the night. $250 for 2 new keys and a non security TCM.....

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But nobody can steal a bike and have them install a new security module???:what?
I thought that also. But I did have to show my title and bill of sale and drivers license.

·
Registered
37,623 Posts
Yeah, I don't see how that's any different than if they were going to program a $25 fob than a $250 ignition module.... other than an extra zero at the end.

·
HowardH
109 Posts
Had AAA tow it to Harley. They said I need a whole security system because they can not program a new fob to the old tcm?
I recently bought a new spare fob for $40 from the dealer and he programmed it to the bike for no charge. Is there a difference in your situation other than you don't have one?

·
Retired citizen
22,532 Posts
Squeekie's bike security system is in the armed mode. To assign a new or spare FOB the security system has to be in the dis-armed mode first.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,387 Posts
Had AAA tow it to Harley. They said I need a whole security system because they can not program a new fob to the old tcm? because anybody could steel a bike and bring it in and ask for such to be done. So I said that I am going to disarm the FOB and not use it. So I got a non security TCM? where there's no need for a FOB. Just keys , thank you. If some one wants a bike they will drag or pick it up and throw in a truck. Nobody's going to ,mess around and try to start a bike with Vance & Hines big radius pipes in the middle of the night. $250 for 2 new keys and a non security TCM.....
Your dealer is stupid. You can buy replacement fobs and have them paired to the current tssm. Theres even a link on here how to do it at home. But since you have no way to disarm it, you have to take it to dealer and have them program them on the computer. I would find a new dealer. They just ripped you for a new tsm...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your dealer is stupid. You can buy replacement fobs and have them paired to the current tssm. Theres even a link on here how to do it at home. But since you have no way to disarm it, you have to take it to dealer and have them program them on the computer. I would find a new dealer. They just ripped you for a new tsm...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm ok with it. At least now I will not have to worry about that problem again.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts