Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already checked some of the usual parts sites to try and find a kickstand extension for the 08 Street Glide. If there isn't one out there can the kickstand on the bike be moved back so it can be reached to put it up and down?

Thanks

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,459 Posts
Welcome to our little HD group MG.

Are you saying you want to extend the kickstand in order to make it more easy to reach? If so, you really need to consider how important it is that the lean angle on a 650 lb motorcycle is well designed, too little lean and it could fall over to the right just because you bumped into it, too much angle, and the kickstand will shove itself down into solid asphalt and the bike will fall over while you are in the store. I know about that one very well.

Maybe some extension to the foot-hook doohickey will give you improved access, if that's what you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Kickstand Extension for 08 Street Glide
"Maybe some extension to the foot-hook doohickey will give you improved access, if that's what you need."

Thanks. That's what I'm trying to say and find. :D I don't want to change the length of the kickstand, I just want to be able to "kick it up or down" while sitting. On my Deluxe I have the Jiffy extension, which gives me the ability to "grab/hook" the kickstand with my foot to bring it up and kick it down but I can't find the same thing for the Street Glide. I took my husbands 07 Street Glide out for a ride and had to have him put the kickstand up and then put it down. Downright embarassing :cool: , yet funny for him. :rofl:

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,459 Posts
At the risk of sounding like the Mad Scientist... again.....
if your husband is handy, or you know or can find a mechanically minded geek, they might be able to rig up something in the way of a solenoid, or maybe even something like a Pingel electric shifter actuator could be rigged sideways to throw the kickstand out a couple of inches with the push of a button when you needed it to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts