Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else's kickstand drag on left turns? I have a brand new spring and it still just floats there. It's not tight against the rubber stopper. Why I lean left it drags on almost every turn.

06 Sportster 883 Custom, straight pipes, semi apes, saddlebags, sissy bar

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
Nope. If my kickstand is dragg'n, I'm sliding. :what?

Sounds like something isn't tight.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill try to take a photo

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just hangs there and floats its not tight to the stopper. And when I try to make a turn and lean far it drags

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
Get that fixed! Because if it drops and you are leaning the other way you might find yourself not being able to get upright. Almost sounds like you got the wrong parts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think i got the wrong spring. I suppose it's possible, but I got it from H-D. Other than that I'm not sure maybe the bushings could be bad at the pivot? Or I could be missing something I'm not sure. When I bought the bike the spring was missing and I bought a new one and replaced it. So it's been like this since I got it so I wouldn't know if I am missing something

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Unless you bent something on your bike, you have the wrong spring. Not all HD springs are the same, but the nuts behind the parts counter don't always know that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm I'll look into that. Thanks

·
Registered
36,939 Posts

·
Registered
36,939 Posts
When I bought the bike the spring was missing and I bought a new one and replaced it. So it's been like this since I got it so I wouldn't know if I am missing something
Did you buy the bike new or used?

Previous owner may have lowered the bike and changed the kickstand to something different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts