Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rod my azz off this weekend with no problems,then I go to start my 2001 fatboy and it's knocking on the primary case side when I go to start it is the only time it knocks.The bike runs great other than the starting noise and I mean this is not a little knock neither it's a big time noise.

What do you think it could be?and what should I do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yeah,I'll open it up and see what's up.
Thanks,I'm just South of Pittsburgh,in Ellsworth PA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be cool to have someone with some know how that lives close.This is my first Harley and I only had it for a month,I've been puttin the miles on it,took it to the mountainfest down in Morgantown over the weekend and a bike night at the local water hole,get home shut it off, then the next mourning go to fire it up and it sound like gears are jumping and grinding.:(

Is there a online manual somewhere that I could use to help me out?

·
Registered
40,733 Posts
Is there a online manual somewhere that I could use to help me out?
No, but the service manual for your bike available thru your dealer is worth its weight in beer and cheesy poofs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It won't even start,it just knocks real hard and I'm going to take it to the local shop and let them fix it.I'm just not comfortable tearing into it right now.I know how helpfully them shop service manuals can be,that is one thing I'll have asap.
The shop that I talked to thinks it sound like the bendix in the start.

When it gets fixed I'll be sure to post,what the problem was.

Thanks guys

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
It won't even start,it just knocks real hard and I'm going to take it to the local shop and let them fix it.I'm just not comfortable tearing into it right now.I know how helpfully them shop service manuals can be,that is one thing I'll have asap.
The shop that I talked to thinks it sound like the bendix in the start.

When it gets fixed I'll be sure to post,what the problem was.

Thanks guys
Thanks for keeping us informed. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts