Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Nick, I may be wrong, but Kryptonite company offered a new lock with a different key configuration if you returned it with your receipt. The offer was out almost 2-3 yeas ago.

I still have one...........:D I never returned mine.

Ever see how easy it is to get into a combonation lock?

·
Registered
40,783 Posts
To be fair, it isn't just Kryptonite locks with the round key that have that vulnerability, it is ANY lock that uses round keys.

Kryptonite hasn't used the round keys in their New York Locks for atleast 3 years.

·
Registered
40,783 Posts
Ever see how easy it is to get into a combonation lock?
My brother had a combination lock that he forgot the combination to... so I opened it and told him his combination. :lol8

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
This is old news and been corrected long ago.

I'll vouch for these guys big time.

I've bought 4 5" chains with locks, I make a lasso out of one and the the bike chains to the other.

Once in a hurry, I apparently dropped the lock body after unlocking it,
but left the loop/shank part hanging on the bike to be lost on the road.

I wrote them and said I was their best customer, didn't they possibly
have a spare shank around from some lock the had been warrantied that I could have?

They said no problem, send your lock in, to be sure we give you a shank that fits,
instead they sent me a brand new and better lock free of charge and a nice letter.
That's service!

:thumb

Besides, it only takes 10 minutes to replace the whole ignition lock on my LowRider.

:ride

·
Registered
40,783 Posts
Nick, I may be wrong, but Kryptonite company offered a new lock with a different key configuration if you returned it with your receipt. The offer was out almost 2-3 yeas ago.

I still have one...........:D I never returned mine.
Found it.... They started replacing the cylindrical locks in 2004.

UPDATE from website.........
Canton, MA September 17, 2004 - Kryptonite today announced it will provide free product upgrades for certain locks purchased since September 2002, in response to consumer concerns about tubular cylinder lock technology. Consumers can visit the company’s Website (www.kryptonitelock.com) on Wednesday afternoon, September 22, 2004, to learn how they can participate in the security upgrade program.

Consumers who have purchased an Evolution lock, KryptoLok lock, New York Chain, New York Noose, Evolution Disc Lock, KryptoDisco or DFS Disc Lock in the last two years are eligible for a product upgrade free of charge from Kryptonite. Customers will need to have either registered their key number, registered for the Kryptonite anti-theft protection offer or have proof of purchase to qualify.

Specifically, Kryptonite will provide for free cross bars featuring the company’s new disc-style cylinder lock technology to consumers who have purchased Evolution and KryptoLok series products. In addition the company will replace for free recently purchased Evolution Disc Locks on New York Chain and New York Noose with its “Molly Lock”, a heavy duty solid steel padlock. Kryptonite also will upgrade recently purchased disc locks.

Consumers who have had one of the Kryptonite locks mentioned with a tubular cylinder for longer than two years will be eligible for a sizeable rebate on the upgraded products. This program will be administered through Kryptonite dealers and distributors.

A distributor and dealer swap program will be rolled out through direct communication from Kryptonite to all its partners.

Full details about this unprecedented program will be available on Kryptonite’s website by afternoon Eastern Standard Time, Wednesday, September 22, 2004, at www.kryptonite.com
So yeah.... kinda old news.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
I recommend Kryptonite chain, I searched for bolt cutters that would cut something larger than half inch, and hardened alloy steel. Couldn't find any. I'm sure they're out there but they're not at HomeDepot or Lowes.

Here's the ideal second part... Kryptonite StrongHold Floor Anchor
3 5/8" concrete anchors, set 3" deep into the floor, with hardened fasteners,
I don't think a fork lift could pull it out.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That video wasn't that old though. Ohwell, you can still cut them a little too easy compared to Almax, but I can't get a damn Almax because they are only in the UK.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts