Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I need a tiny bit of coachin on this one, I shouldn't HAVE to but I do unfortunately, but its all me....

I just recently traded my 05 Softail for an 09 Road King Classic, and here's what I want to do....I purchased this LED setup to change over to an LED system for my tail light and turn signals...

I have the Kury 5401 Panacea tail light, the Kury 4829 front turn signal conversion, and the Kury 4830 Panacea rear turn signal conversion...
ok, I've installed everything as the instruction sheet said to, along with the load EQ at the control module. (there are connectors for TWO load EQ's at the control module)...
After doing this, I tried to test the lights, when I press the right turn signal button, it looks like all four of the turn signals along with the right side of the tail light start to blink, which is really strange...it does this for a few seconds and then everything blinks rapidly. Exactly the same thing happens when I press the left turn signal button with the exception of the left side of the tail light blinking.
Now I KNOW that the instruction sheet for the front turn signal conversion says that if I experience this issue, to add an additional load EQ by splicing in to the one that I've already plugged into the control module and I've tried plugging the additional Load EQ in to the other connector on the CM, but that didn't work either. I'd like to know if splicing this in is actaully going to work before I start cutting on the wiring of this brand new bike.

Any ideas?...thanks in advance

·
The Northern Redneck
7,170 Posts
The LED units use a fraction of the power that the stock bulbs use, the EQ is to drop it down so that they will run properly, talk to the shop that sold you the LED stuff and see what they have to offer..Good Luck...

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Yea it will work. Thats exactly what you need to do. Then you'll be sportin those awesome LEDS!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it turns out that actually that WON'T work EZE, there's another Load equalizer that I need that is compatible with the OEM security system that I forgot to get.....oops. FYI its the Kury #4857 Alarm Compatible Load Equalizer

Thanks for the help guys...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts