Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Old Fart
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have these Ciuius crash bar mounted aux running lights? Or know of anyone who has them. Pros? Cons? Thinking seriously about getting some.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
I like Them! I've been wanting Engine guard lights, but they would interfere with my soft lowers. My lowers would slip right over these. They are proud of them at $198.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like Them! I've been wanting Engine guard lights, but they would interfere with my soft lowers. My lowers would slip right over these. They are proud of them at $198.
Since they are pop riveted to the engine guard, makes me wonder if they come installed on a new engine guard for that price ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, seems they don't. Plus, I'll be damned if I'm going to drill holes in the engine guard.

·
Registered
6 Posts
those lights seem pretty nice. I don't think drilling into the engine guard would be a big deal. Pulling the wires may be a pain but the job would be clean.

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
Yeah they're nice but, I'd update the stock halogen headlamp to either an LED or HID kit first.

Then if that isn't enough, these would be nice for your turn signals for half price.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=390972396027

If that's still not enough well these are pretty effing bright.....

This is the order I would go, so as to keep from having three different colored lights on the front of your bike.

Sky Road Cloud Morning Field
Sky Cloud Asphalt Road Mountain

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
They look pretty bright. Keep us posted.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
I use a pair of 1500 lumen LED crash bar lights from Advmonster on my Dyna. My vinyl lowers have cut outs on the top to accommodate the lights. Wiring and mounting is pretty straightforward.

These are bright lights that complement my 7" Trucklites Phase 7 LEd headlight. I do a lot of riding at night in some very secluded places in the mountains. These lights really light up the road and road shoulder and the price is not bad.

The lights that you posted do not look as if they would project much light down the road. They don't appear to have any sort of lens. Without a good lens, a very powerful light bulb is not going to put much light where you really need it.

My guess is that these lights are designed to be 'marker light,' as opposed to driving lights. Marker lights are a great idea, my turn signals have very bright LED marker lights are are on until you select a turn signal, they help other vehicles see you - they just don't help much at lighting up the road for the rider.

Model 30 LED off road Spot light - ADVmonster

Pete

·
Old Fart
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since they are pop riveted to the engine guard, makes me wonder if they come installed on a new engine guard for that price ?
They are not Pop rivets. They are flat head screws.

·
Old Fart
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use a pair of 1500 lumen LED crash bar lights from Advmonster on my Dyna. My vinyl lowers have cut outs on the top to accommodate the lights. Wiring and mounting is pretty straightforward.

These are bright lights that complement my 7" Trucklites Phase 7 LEd headlight. I do a lot of riding at night in some very secluded places in the mountains. These lights really light up the road and road shoulder and the price is not bad.

The lights that you posted do not look as if they would project much light down the road. They don't appear to have any sort of lens. Without a good lens, a very powerful light bulb is not going to put much light where you really need it.

My guess is that these lights are designed to be 'marker light,' as opposed to driving lights. Marker lights are a great idea, my turn signals have very bright LED marker lights are are on until you select a turn signal, they help other vehicles see you - they just don't help much at lighting up the road for the rider.

Model 30 LED off road Spot light - ADVmonster

Pete
I guess I liked the set from Cirius for the blended in look. Almost hidden.
I checked out the set you have Pete. They looked cool but I was looking for something a bit smaller and a way to hide the wire as well. But you're right, yours look much brighter.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
You can drill any crash bar and run the wires inside the tubing, if you want to conceal it. On my bars the wire only runs about six inches so I didn't drill the tubing.

Because I ride in the mountains and on a lot of back roads at night, I have become very attached to my lighting. It give me a great deal of confidence knowing that I can see so far down the road while lighting up the shoulder of the road so well too.

Good luck with your whatever light you select.

Pete

I guess I liked the set from Cirius for the blended in look. Almost hidden.
I checked out the set you have Pete. They looked cool but I was looking for something a bit smaller and a way to hide the wire as well. But you're right, yours look much brighter.

·
Old Fart
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It give me a great deal of confidence knowing that I can see so far down the road while lighting up the shoulder of the road so well too.

Pete
I'm with you Pete, I want to see better at night. And a confident rider is a safer rider.

·
old scoot coot
5,035 Posts
when i was young i had a triumph 750 bonneville. i loved that bike and rode it every day for many years. it had lucas electric lighting, man if i werent usually drunk when i rode it home at night, i'd have probably killed myself. thank the lord for moonshine and moonlight.:banana

1 - 19 of 19 Posts