Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get my finally get my scoot back this week after laying it down in the Davis Mountains last month. Did right at 9k damage but I walked away!
Was in a S curve and some idiot in a pickup came around the bend to fast in my lane. Door 1, go down the cliff. Door two, be a hood ornament, or Door 3, lay her down and hit the boulders. I think I made the only logical choice and chose door 3. I will heal and the bike was not totaled. I still hurt but less each day. Broken collar bone fractured right ankle, two broke ribs, and a little road rash on my left leg. The driver did not stop. The sheriff asked if I got the plate number,lol! Yeah right! I ordered a camera for the next ride.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Glad your almost OK very lucky. But that doesn't help the fact that people today couldn't give a rats a$$# about anybody butt themselves.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
bad deal man. sorry to hear about your accident. glad you are here to tell us about it and hope the bike is back to normal. I've run into that same situation once on a back road in my local area. luckily we both made adjustments and got by. it was a little never racking for me since I'm new to this. I'm sure your situation was in a little more dangerous area too.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,073 Posts
Glad your here to let us know.. Tough choices, ya made the right call, good on you, now heal up..

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,006 Posts
Good call on Door 3 and glad you're healing.
May you be with six of your biggest and best buddies and walk into a bar one night and find the a-hole who never stopped but caused this sitting on the stool next to you bragging about how he put this biker down.

·
Registered
482 Posts
real glad your okay...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Went to check on the bike today, getting really close. My new commander 2 front tire was supposed to be in today. Can't wait to crawl back on! New fairing should be in tomorrow. Getting stoked!

·
The Old Curmudgeon
1,138 Posts
Great that you are doing so well considering the circumstances. About what I went thru, I had few more ribs cracked, but no collar bone, and had a broken thumb. That was almost 1 1/2 years ago. At least mine was in the fall, so didn't miss the riding right afterwards.

Hope you continue to heal fast.

·
Troll-Paul
85 Posts
Heel fast Randy,those SSSSSS curves are a BXXXX ,last spring my 1st yr riding
after 22 yrs had a truck also in the wrong lane s curve-I went into
a hay field,bike jumped over a small creek too,I was at 25/30 mph-I seen my life flash..
as I turned into the field and jumped the creek-the jerk kept going... I did not wipe out
or wreck anything just broke my ankle and layed her down somehow ? what a Big
Rush that was. Good Luck Bro-take care.
Paul

·
Señor Member
19,586 Posts
Tough stuff, Randy. Glad you're going to be ok. Also glad to hear you're getting her fixed.

Your story presented three choices. Did you feel like you "chose" what you did? Or, did it happen so fast that your instincts took over? Just curious as I've never been in such a situation.

Glad you're not off a cliff or on a hood, man. :thumb

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,006 Posts
Chief, just from my experience, these things seem to happen at light speed. I'd think here it was a combination of experience, good judgement, and excellent instincts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts