Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to put a spring seat on my '07 Sportster. Turns out due to the placement of a few things under the seat for those year ranges, Harley's stock mount / seat didn't work. I figured I would post a few pics of the bike now in case someone else was curious about putting a spring seat on a sportster for those years or that companies items.

Overall the install went smooth and dealing with LaRosa Design was great. They answered all my questions via email and the shipping was quick.

I started with the 5" springs. Those were way too high IMO. It felt like I was cruising around on a scooter sitting that high, hehe. I swapped them for 3" springs and those are much better.

They have a metal box on the conversion kit to house the part that was attached to my rear fender. Bad thing was that LaRosa's screw placement on their seat gave no room between the rear bolt and the housing when the seat was attached. I fixed this issue by shortening the bolt.

Since Harley attaches an item to the rear fender under the seat, they cut a hole in the fender. To cover that until I get a new fender, I bought LaRosa's bib. I would have preferred the adhesive tape be placed closer to the edges but that can be adjusted by picking up some on my own. Their default location places tape where the hole is. Since the bib is sold to cover that hole, that placement seemed odd.

Overall, I'm happy with the seat and the company.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1367768023.281404.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1367768048.405796.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1367768069.422336.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Dr. Pending Projects
1,785 Posts
That looks really nice! Nice looking ride you have there!

I like the products from LaRosa. I am looking at their swing arm bags. So far they have been quick to respond to all my questions. Looking for their bags with the fuel canister in a leather color that will match the HD brown springer seat that I have in my bike. But first trying to score a factory mounting bracket so that the bag does not sag... This is where HD did a lot better than the aftermarket by providing a much better support for their bag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts