Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, first post here

My best friend and I have 2015 Road Glides. I have noticed when following him that the brake/turn signals are not that visible during the day. To the extent that I have to watch them closely. Probably not a good thing for survivability on the street. I don't think there is anything wrong with his bike. I see custom dynamics make a tail light kit in an attempt to improve visibility.

Harley Davidson LED Tail Light LED Brake Lights

I'm not sure I like how it looks.

Has anybody else noticed this? I don't want to get rammed in the azz because somebody didn't see that I'm slowing down.

What are the possible solutions that you guys have come up with?

I'm considering installing a red LED brake light strobe in place of the small reflector above the tail light bar.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
not sure have no led brake light on my bikes I do have the led head lights
as for blinkers and brakes I try to use hand signals I think it helps get the cages attention

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
anybody have any experience with this center mounted auxiliary light?

Center-Mount Auxiliary Running and Brake Light | Tail & Brake | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Thanks
IMHO the tri-bar light is so low to the ground mine easily gets covered up from road debris when raining or riding on wet roads just after a rain. And, I think this is a HD product I have read numerous reviews on in this and other forums--consensus seems to be it is a piece of expensive crap.

·
Registered
11,805 Posts
Hello All, first post here

My best friend and I have 2015 Road Glides. I have noticed when following him that the brake/turn signals are not that visible during the day. To the extent that I have to watch them closely. Probably not a good thing for survivability on the street. I don't think there is anything wrong with his bike. I see custom dynamics make a tail light kit in an attempt to improve visibility.

Harley Davidson LED Tail Light LED Brake Lights

I'm not sure I like how it looks.

Has anybody else noticed this? I don't want to get rammed in the azz because somebody didn't see that I'm slowing down.

What are the possible solutions that you guys have come up with?

I'm considering installing a red LED brake light strobe in place of the small reflector above the tail light bar.
Yup, I added the CD LED add on tail light to my '13 RGC about a year and a half ago. Very pleased with it! I'm not a wrencher but even I was able to install it without cussing too much. (Tip: a 1/4" drive ratchet is a lot easier to do the install with than a 3/8" drive.)

What I really like about it is you still have the two small red stock lights so when you brake they and also the add on CD tail light all light up. I don't have any of the gizmos for setting different brake light programs but sitting at a light I am usually blipping the front brake lever to catch the attention of cages coming up behind me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts