Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed yesterday morning that there was a tiny puddle near the front on my 2013 Fat Bob.
I did a full overview of the bike and noticed nothing wet and or any drip marks so I thought it was a fluke.

Then I went and got the bike washed, and waxed it all up for the weekend riding and later in the evening noticed a similar sized puddle near the front tire again? And again no remnants of a leak?

So I placed a towel under the bike to see if anything would leak overnight and this morning their was nothing?

Now the wife and I just got back from a quick spin to the diner and I noticed a wet substance on the front fender and also noticed a little spray on the left saddle bag?

Upon further inspection of liquids consistency and after a quick taste (yeah I tasted it lol).. I think its brake fluid?

I checked all the lines, calipers, and both reservoirs and noticed no leaks? WTF am I Missing something?

The bike only has 2900 miles on it it's basically brand spankin new!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
190 Posts
First, its odd you can identify brake fluid by taste, all in the upbringing I guess. Second, how much fluid is left in the reservoir? Not much to work with in there so it should be obvious if it's been escaping.

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
If its brake fluid, better find it quick, Do some serious damage paint. And you if brakes fail.

·
Just Ride
3,767 Posts
Still under warranty. Have dealer fix it.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
With the bike stationary have you tried applying the brakes? Have a Friend help watch while you squeeze the lever or press the pedal.
If it is brake fluid, seem`s only to leak when the additional pressure of activating them happens.

Gotta ask. Taste like chicken?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a little tangy... Lol

I think its brake fluid by the consistency not by taste...for those wondering.

It wasn't thick like oil, and primary fluid. It had more of a light feel, and it didn't smell like gas so I counted that out.

And yes I checked for leaks in the front and rear and nothing, and the pressure is their on both the front and rear brakes...

It's just weird. I did a poker run today with Orange County, NY HOG chapter and was out pretty much all day and parked at several places and had absolutely no drips?

This shit is mind boggling?

Going to keep an eye tomorrow morning to see if I notice anything new. If I do going to drop it off at the dealer and have them take a look. Maybe it's something underneath the bike dripping?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts