Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to a friend that has a 07 Heritage Classic he's only had a few months (obviously). It's been sitting up in his garage for several weeks now due to the cold weather. He went to move it and noticed a few drops of fluid have leaked out of his front forks. I'm wondering if this is normal and possibly related to the cold. We've had several sub-20 degree nights lately. Didn't know if maybe the cold has caused the o-rings to shrink enough to let a little fluid out or if it may be something more serious. And, if possibly more serious, is there any way to check it without taking it to the dealer. He says a friend of his has seen the same thing.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
I'd give it some time and a ride or two to see if indeed is something needing attention. Could be weather related. Could be something the warranty will take care of. Of the six new H-D's I've owned over numerous years, two required new fork seals during the break-in period. Dealer took care of it pronto. Net... take a wait and see, and if it needs fixed, let the dealer have at it for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts