Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the stack grips on my Softail to be too plain and boring but don't have the money for new grips at the moment. I ran across a pair of leather laced grip wraps for Hot Leathers and bought them for $13. Not a huge investment if case they don't work out. I put them on and they fit reasonably well with just a slight amount extending beyond the grip, 1/4 inch maybe. Being black, they look about the same but feel much nice on the hand. Will be interesting to see how they are on a long ring.
Anyone else use these or something similar?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've had mine on for a year. Like em a lot. They give the feel of a bigger grip, which I like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I find the stack grips on my Softail to be too plain and boring but don't have the money for new grips at the moment. I ran across a pair of leather laced grip wraps for Hot Leathers and bought them for $13. Not a huge investment if case they don't work out. I put them on and they fit reasonably well with just a slight amount extending beyond the grip, 1/4 inch maybe. Being black, they look about the same but feel much nice on the hand. Will be interesting to see how they are on a long ring.
Anyone else use these or something similar?
Can you throw up a pic so we can see? I've been thinking the same for my Fatboy. Just need a bit more girth to be comfortable and I don't have large hands by any standard.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've been using Hot Leathers neoprene grip covers for a couple of years. Don't know how the leather one's attach but if it's by velcro strips, make sure the velcro is on the bottom of the grip. The thickness of it will affect the pull on your clutch. I thought I was having clutch problems and it was simply the cover seam thickness in the way!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here's what I have.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts