Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the preferred, an Armor-all or something, Mequires?

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Years ago, I bought enough crap from the stealer that they gave me this bucket with all sorts of goodies in it. One of the things was a bottle of HD "Leather Care" treatment. The stock number on the bottle is 98263-95V. Of all the Harley products they sell for shining up the scoot, this was some of the best stuff I have used...it actually worked. Problem is, I haven't seen the stuff in years. I assume they changed it from the cylindrical bottle to the conventional bottle all of their other stuff comes in.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Years ago, I bought enough crap from the stealer that they gave me this bucket with all sorts of goodies in it. One of the things was a bottle of HD "Leather Care" treatment. The stock number on the bottle is 98263-95V. Of all the Harley products they sell for shining up the scoot, this was some of the best stuff I have used...it actually worked. Problem is, I haven't seen the stuff in years. I assume they changed it from the cylindrical bottle to the conventional bottle all of their other stuff comes in.
Thanks, I can't seem to find that by part no. anymore

Has anyone tried this stuff, the Doc Bailey's leather black?

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
Thanks, I can't seem to find that by part no. anymore

Has anyone tried this stuff, the Doc Bailey's leather black?
That is what Fox Creek Leather recommends.

If Fox Creek recommends it, I trust it.

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
I have used the small container of leather dressing that came with the bike when I purchased it new; no part number on the 2.5 oz container though. I have applied the leather dressing a couple time each year to the saddlebags since purchased in June 2012 and still have 80% of the product. No pigment with this product and it leaves the surface a little glossy.

I also have Doc Bailey's Leather Black that I have used on my leather gloves. It has a black pigment that can restore color to faded leather. I have not used this on my RKC leather saddlebags but I don't see why it couldn't be done. This product can be buffed if desired to provide greater shine.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Doc Bailey's is the best stuff there is for black leather, period.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Obenauf's has a line of leather cleaner and treatment that I tried after researching on line. Doc Bailys is also rated high. Mink oil is an old stand by that is probably part of the formula in most leather treatment products.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
I'll spray wash first if they are really dirty. Then pre-clean with pledge. Then the special formula stuff. The pledge gets rid of a lot of gunk and makes it easier for your leather treatment stuff to work.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Some folks get all caught up in the newest and greatest, but Neatsfoot oil has been working for centuries . :nod

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tried neatsfoot before on one the straps with unimpressive results, it did however work great on an old rifle sling

1 - 20 of 31 Posts