Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired citizen
22,315 Posts
Lectrons are still around ??? That used to be a slide carb with no float bowl, the fuel fed from the tank hose straight into the jets.
At least I think those were Lectrons.

·
nitro freak
1,264 Posts
no,those were lake injectors (even though they wernt a injector(??).I used lectrons on my flat tracker WAY beck in the day and on alot of gas bikes ive raced and built for others over the years.they will make a fine street carb as long as you find someone with the tapered needles & jets.FAST BY GAST still carried the parts

·
Maddog
394 Posts
I used Lectrons on the two-stroke triples for many years. They take some getting used
to. All fuel curve adjustments are done with the needle, (there's no jets). Some of them
have an optional power jet but those were mainly for two-stroke engines.

·
Registered
739 Posts
ive never fooled with them...sounds like they adjust like the edelbrock carbs for atv's do...as for quads...lectrons seemed to be the carb of choice for alcohol motors, but flatslides were always better on the gas motors...not really sure why

·
Registered
739 Posts
well by flatslides i refer to the FCR keihin

·
Registered
1 Posts
In 1975, I installed a Lectron carb on my 1970 Harley ServiCar 45 c.i. three wheel meter maid trike. It worked GREAT! Lots of power. I only paid about $150 then. Now it's $800. I'll have to consider another brand.

·
Super Moderator
12,576 Posts
Welcome. First post in a 6 year old zombie thread. Try introducing yourself in the newbie section please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts