Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that fitted a 5 3/4 led projector headlamp, did you change the housing or the brow deflector?

I find no matter how down I point the headlamp the led is still flooding the area above where it should. I am dazzling people, I cannot get it any lower.

I am reading that many have to housing or something to compensate as the stock Sportsters holders are made for the h4 halogens which flood the area way less.

I've gone back to putting in my stock headlamp for now.

Hope I made some sense here!

·
weird member
2,232 Posts
I don't know exactly what headlamp bucket you have or exacy which LED headlamp you went with. I'm also not sure what a "brow deflector" is unless that's a headlamp visor?

But I have a stock 5¾ bucket that I put a Custom Dynamics TruBeam headlamp in and I have no issues with that. I also have a Harley visor on my headlamp bucket, which is a separate and optional piece.

It could just be the particular LED headlamp you bought has a bad pattern. You're sure that you put it in right-side up, right? You also made sure the LED projector lamp is in the bucket correctly, right? My bucket has an alignment ring that I had to grind down on the inside for the projector to fit correctly.

The manual will tell you how to adjust them correctly. You will need a wall and a flat, level area in front of said wall. Place a mark on the wall at the height the manual says to, roll the bike as far from the wall as it says, then point the lamp at the wall and see where it falls and just accordingly to where the mark is (usually, while you're sitting on it).

This is my headlamp bucket setup:
IMG_20200521_155146958.jpg IMG_20200521_160036133.jpg IMG_20200521_155202178.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts