Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried a couple of different after market LED headlights (daymaker type) in my 2013 CVO breakout but they both have generated DTC codes that can't be cleared. I even took the bike to Harley to see if they could clear it but they couldn't.
My question is has anyone installed one (what brand, where purchased) that doesn't have this issue. I don't want to just live with it because it would mean I have to constantly check for DTC errors manually to see if anything else is going on with the bike.

·
The Ride of Life
442 Posts
You can, but -

Your bike monitors things like lamps, if the current draw is below a certain threshold the system will report it as a fault.
Since the LED headlamp doesn't appear to draw enough power a resistor will need to be put in parallel with the lamp to game the system into thinking there is a real incandescent lamp there.

- Brother B

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can, but -

Your bike monitors things like lamps, if the current draw is below a certain threshold the system will report it as a fault.
Since the LED headlamp doesn't appear to draw enough power a resistor will need to be put in parallel with the lamp to game the system into thinking there is a real incandescent lamp there.

- Brother B
What size resistors?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
On top of that, do not use those splice connectors shown in that picture. They make lousy connections and can fail after time. There are much better alternatives.

Reactions: Kainam
1 - 5 of 5 Posts