Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking into the possibly getting HID headlights on my 2005 1200C. Where have other you gotten yours? My headlight doesn't seem to give me enough visibility to be honest.

·
Registered
39,455 Posts
Are you asking about LED headlights or HID headlights? :confused

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
:biker:HID sucks , LED rocks

Gonna have to disagree. I've had both. HID is just waayyyyy better. The beam isn't as flat with HID.

I'm not sure you can get either for a Sporty though.....

·
Registered
39,455 Posts
You can get them for Sportsters....

They use the same headlight as FX Softails and Dynas....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Bought a Daymaker LED for my Softail. A lot brighter than my wife's stock sporty when they're sitting next to each other. Put it on in the late fall and haven't done a lot of night riding with it yet.

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
Love my daymaker!! I changed out the HID on my 14 streetglide. The HID stock on the 14 was brighter than the stock on my 06 road king. It's true that the daymaker light pattern is flat or wider than the stock and didn't seem that tall. I adjusted the daymaker up a bit. Now it's frickin AMAZING! ! Not only do i light up long distance but i get a good horizontal illumination of the road sides.I live in a rural area. The day maker really lights up the road--- I can see the deer eyes reflecting from 100 yards...

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I know the daymaker lights are really nice but they are expensive.
Check out the Truk Lite Phase 7. About half the price. I love mine.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Have the daymakers on a RGU. Great set of lights, but expensive. Got them at the local HD dealer.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Scooter vie ,my stock headlight ,14SGS was a dual bulb halogen not HID. However I changed to Daymaker projector and love it. A lot better than stock. We have had several cars with projector lights so I'm used to pattern ,IMO it is better overall. A friend has a Daymaker reflector it seems to have better front fill directly in front of bike ,but doesn't reach out like projector. Either way improved lighting is always good. Expensive,yes I sold some car parts and had gift money along with 15%off so wasn't bad. I'm very satisfied!

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
HD Daymaker lights are made by JW Speaks. They are $800.00+-, rebranded by HD they are $1300.00+-. Truck lite Phase 7 are $400.00 +-. This is for 7" and two 4" lights. LED lights are a definite step up from stock lights. I have had people start to pull out and then stop. I feel it's because the lights got their attention. My Phase 7's will light up road signs in the day time. I'm very pleased. I have no experience with Daymakers, but I don't think they are $800.00 better.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Old Coot is correct JW Speaker makes HD Daymaker. I only have single projector no aux lights. I have considered the extra lights though but don't care for look. I gave 390 for my projector from dealer including discount. If I had a do over I might buy direct from JW they have better warranty than HD. One other thing I have noticed people are confusing LED,HID and projector and reflector. I would suggest researching so one understands what one is buying. Again any improvement to see or be seen is good. Cost is relative,my bike was as much as my house cost,30years ago. Lol.

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
39,455 Posts
Cost is relative
Very true. If it stops just that one person that would have otherwise made an oncoming car from turning left in front of you, or stopped someone from pulling out from and intersection in front of you, would you still quibble over $320 (Kutter HD price for Daymaker)? :what?

·
Registered
476 Posts
My Daymaker was $340. Local dealer matched price of another dealer selling it in PA for that.

·
Was Briefly First
1,753 Posts
I bought Andy's phase 7 when he switched out to HID on his Street glide. I picked up a set of the Phase 7 aux lights to add to the mix and the difference is stunning. Way better than stock, and a completely cake plug and play install.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
have the led on all our bikes wide glide road glide and sportster trike love the way you can see going down the road at night I did look at the his but did not try one so cant say how good the are I do think stock head lights suck

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
There are some you tube video's showing the Daymaker compared to the TrukLite. Some thought one was better than the other then some thought they were comparable. Worth watching if you are trying to make up your mind.
One nice thing about the TrukLite is that the lense is polycarbonate and wont break like glass if hit with a rock.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts