Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from England.

I have a 2019 FLHR Road King and want to swap out the original indicators for some better-looking LED ones. Any suggestions (please bear in mind our indicators have to be orange in UK)?

Many thanks for any help.

·
Registered
41,674 Posts
I put the HD Signature LEDs on my bike.

Ours in the US are amber except for the models that don't have the center tail light.

One thing is that HD doesn't make the Signature LED rear signals for the single filament sockets for the models that have a center tail light.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just changed mine on my 2014 Street Glide Special. I went to Custom Dynamics Pro Beams. Way brighter than stock. The fronts are white as running lights and change to amber when used as a turn signal. Plug and play. Took me 15 minutes to swap them. One drawback is the LED running lights in front really made the Halogen headlight look like crap. So I bought a Hogwerkz Halo Maker LED headlight. Also way better than stock at less than half the price of the H-D Daymaker. Beeter light than the Daymaker as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I second the custom dynamics and just upgrade to some quality LED bulbs for the head light. The custome dynamics with the halos are hard to beat for visibility and look sharp

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the replies. I already have the Hogworkz Halo daymaker headlight and passing lights (awesome!). Also, I have looked at the Custom Dynamics indicators so good to hear you recommend their Probeam indicators as well. I'm actually just waiting for their LED tail light with Magic strobe to arrive. The only thing I'm not sure about is if they act as white running lights as well, as I have the Hogworkz fog/passing lights that I keep on all the time anyway - might be too much. Can the running-light function of the CD indicators be turned off, so they just act as indicators?

Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys for the replies. I already have the Hogworkz Halo daymaker headlight and passing lights (awesome!). Also, I have looked at the Custom Dynamics indicators so good to hear you recommend their Probeam indicators as well. I'm actually just waiting for their LED tail light with Magic strobe to arrive. The only thing I'm not sure about is if they act as white running lights as well, as I have the Hogworkz fog/passing lights that I keep on all the time anyway - might be too much. Can the running-light function of the CD indicators be turned off, so they just act as indicators?

Cheers.
Yes I have white directional running lights and amber directional s also I
do not run my driving lights

·
Registered
2,053 Posts

Cheers.
My bike has the Daymaker headlamp and running/passing lamps. I run the CD Pro white with amber signals. I really like the combo. I keep my lamps aligned and aimed per the service manual. When i do get that occasional cage that flashes the high beams (as if to tell me my brights are on) makes for some fun reactions when i touch the BRIGHTS button! My high beam is stupid bright! (I run a lot of twistys canyon 2 way roads in the dark). I do try my best to run my lamps with as much courtesy as possible. I hate being blinded by inconsiderate drivers and riders alike!
Here's how it looks:
20210609_200712.jpg 20210609_200743.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for replies. Can someone confirm if the white runnning lights can be turned off on the CD Probeam indicators? Cheers.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Thanks again for replies. Can someone confirm if the white runnning lights can be turned off on the CD Probeam indicators? Cheers.
Not on mine, The white is the running / clearance lamp, its white anytime the flasher is not activated. (CD / Pro-beam).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. Is it the same for the rears (although presumably red if not indicating)?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Renoire, you can get the front Pro Beams in white/ yellow or yellow/ yellow, the rears are red/red only.

Reactions: 1/2 Ton
1 - 12 of 12 Posts