Registered
714 Posts
Check your work

• Love
Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Are you saying your garage door opener does not work at all? Or does the garage door opener button/control on your bike does not activate the door?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you saying your garage door opener does not work at all? Or does the garage door opener button/control on your bike does not activate the door?
From what I’ve read, installing led lamps the headlamp does not toggle from low beam to high beam. The low beam stays on even when high beam is used. The toggle from one to the other is what activated the garage receiver.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I don't have that problem. When we get home, she parks her bike and opens the garage door. I then back her bike in first, and then mine. I have to get off the bike anyway so for us, the garage door opener from the bike would just be useless. Hey, get your wife a bike!!!!
Same procedure at my house. 😁

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed led lamps on 2007 ultra and now garage opener does not work. Any suggestions?
I have had a push to pass opener for the last 15yrs been on about 4 different bikes my Harley has a HIGH dollar Harley LED tapped into High beam feed and Head lamp ground works great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
LED lamps Should Not ever bother a garage door opener....they are two different things...this has to be a BIG Joke for the OP.

·
Super Moderator
11,681 Posts
LED lamps Should Not ever bother a garage door opener....they are two different things...this has to be a BIG Joke for the OP.
Actually it does, the HD garage door opener for bikes is attached to one of the leads to the headlight, High beam IIRC, when you bump the high beam briefly it triggers the opener to transmit the door open signal. I had one on my 2007 CVO ULTRA (BTW, I might have the wring backward, but that's the essential operation)

·
Registered
128 Posts
my MotorCycle GARAGE DOOR OPENER is independent of my HEADLIGHTS completely
Mine has it's OWN handlebar activation button ... on the LEFT side (still has the ORIGINAL battery after Seven Years )
COOP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts